Bottrop Kustom Kulture Show 2009 (Germany) VIDEO ADDED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bottrop_09_19.jpg

Together with my friend Ger, I travelled to Bottrop, Germany, to visit the Kustom Kultureshow. Too bad I had to work on Saturday, so I missed the dragraces, rock'n'roll bands, and most of the attending cars. But Friday was not bad either. Here are some shots to give you an impression:

bottrop_09_24.jpg

bottrop_09_1.jpg

bottrop_09_2.jpg

bottrop_09_9.jpg

bottrop_09_11.jpg

bottrop_09_3.jpg

bottrop_09_8.jpg

bottrop_09_36.jpg

bottrop_09_5.jpg

bottrop_09_6.jpg

bottrop_09_37.jpg

bottrop_09_39.jpg

bottrop_09_40.jpg

bottrop_09_16.jpg

bottrop_09_18.jpg

bottrop_09_17.jpg

bottrop_09_15.jpg

bottrop_09_13.jpg

bottrop_09_14.jpg

bottrop_09_25.jpg

bottrop_09_38.jpg

bottrop_09_41.jpg

bottrop_09_35.jpg

bottrop_09_31.jpg

^ How trailerqueens have changed since the fifties... Kind of ironic don't you think: 'Don't touch my rustbucket'. I don't like ratrods so much but this one was kinda cool.

bottrop_09_32.jpg

bottrop_09_33.jpg

^ The logo on the back tells us it's a Citroën. Beautiful executed and a welcome refreshment in a field of almost Ford-only rods...

bottrop_09_4.jpg

^ But ofcourse old fords are cool too...

bottrop_09_26.jpg

bottrop_09_34.jpg

bottrop_09_27.jpg

^ This guy was amazing. One Arm Bandit was present to lay down some beautiful lines. Not only crisp and tight but by far the most imaginative and original striper I came across in a long time. Beautiful designs. Oh, and he misses his right arm...

His bird is out of this world:

bottrop_09_29.jpg

bottrop_09_28.jpg

There were a few stripers from Japan present. Man these guys were the bomb...

bottrop_09_21.jpg

bottrop_09_22.jpg

bottrop_09_10.jpg

bottrop_09_23.jpg

bottrop_09_20.jpg

Don't forget to look at my other hotrod related posts:
My friends burned down ex hotrod Willys. Not for the faint-hotrod-hearted...
My report on the SCRAPERS indoor nostalgiashow SINS. Some of my art can be seen here...

Re: Bottrop Kustom Kulture Show 2009 Germany

Thanks for sharing those...very cool stuff.

It is pretty funny seeing a Rat Rod on a trailer. :lol:

thanks for posting those :mrgreen:
the a thats channeled and unchopped is amazing......they got the late 50's east coast look perfect :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't mention it guys. I love to see what's going on in Kustom Kulture from all over the world myself and I know I'm not the only one. This is where we get our bikebuilding-inspiration from I guess, so the more pics the better.

Yes, pretty funny to see ratrods being carefully transported on trailers, pulled by a very shiny high dollar luxury pick-up truck. This freshly imported Skoty-Chops 'A' was not the only one though. There were quite a bunch. But who am I to judge since I don't have a rod... I just hope people will build more and more nostalgia hotrods that are safe enough to drive on the streets.

Yes, there were some beautiful period perfect cars on the field. I'm sure that by now pics of the Bottrop Show are floating around on the internet as are movies from the races on youtube. Like I said... Most of the cars and action were sceduled on Saturday and I wasn't there...

that striping is fantastic, I really want one of those cats now those. Fat chance finding one here like that though.

zoso said:
that striping is fantastic, I really want one of those cats now those. Fat chance finding one here like that though.

Why not? These Japs with their cats travel all over the world to stripe and sell their stuff. I'll bet they visit Callifornia more than once a year. Just keep an I on the major custom carshows. I always thought Callifornia was KustomKulture Central. More so than a little town in West Germany...

Indeed, the striping was amazing.

Here are some video's to get an impression of Bottrop 2009.

Click here for a video-impression of Bottrop KustomKulture Show 2009
Click here for the trip of the Trashers CC to Bottrop KustomKulture Show 2009

Looks like we'd 'chosen' the right day to visit the show. Saturday was all wet, muddy, and lots of rain. No fun on a 'dusty' field. I haven't seen any racingvideos or racingpics, so I guess that what's got to be the highlight of the meeting got cancelled... The races are usually held on the landingstrip of the airfield next to the showground. Here's a cool video from the 2007 meet, to get an impression of what Bottrop Kustom Kulture is really about:

Click here for a video-impression of Bottrop KustomKulture Show 2007 featuring GOOD weather and some racing

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll post a video from the Trashers' trip to the SINS hotrod-show in Belgium in my 'sins'-thread. It's nice...

S.I.N.S. Scrapers' hotrod/custom show (Belgium)

herr_rudolf said:
Yes, pretty funny to see ratrods being carefully transported on trailers, pulled by a very shiny high dollar luxury pick-up truck. This freshly imported Skoty-Chops 'A' was not the only one though. There were quite a bunch. But who am I to judge since I don't have a rod... I just hope people will build more and more nostalgia hotrods that are safe enough to drive on the streets.
Well, I think the most important fact about transporting Rat Rods on trailers is that most Rat Rods are not allowed to drive in german traffic. :idea: :wink:

...I guess I also gotta come to Bottrop next time. Friends of mine where there but I had prom night on friday and a football match on saturday :(

Thanks for the pictures though :!:

Latest posts

Back