Vintage Schwinn Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was loading an old Tanker Bike onto my rack at a local recycle center a Gentlemen approached me and asked if I was interested in a old Schwinn Tandem..."I said that was a silly question" what do you have and how much...He said you can have it for free...All he wanted was for someone to restore it and to enjoy it again..So tomorrow at around 3 PM I will pick it up..I am pumped up for this one..This ones not for sale !
img_0830.jpg
img_0829.jpg
img_0828.jpg
img_0827.jpg
img_0826.jpg

These are nice riding bikes, tires may be hard to find though.enjoy that one I'm pretty sure a deal like that is not likely to happen again! :wink:

wowzer! that rocks 8) !!! tires shouldn't be a problem (they're 26x11/2 s-4?). your lbs can get black or gumwalls from j&b importers. it's also the same as the trendy 650b size if you want light weight/higher quality. i've been through several twinns over the years, but THAT is a keeper!

I'm jealous. My tandem is just a frame and rusty parts, and few parts at that, and I had to pay for it! I've never seen a Schwinn with cottered cranks.

At least I have a beehive springer to work with. The wife is getting impatient, so the tandem is on the front burner.

The Price Was Right!

What a deal. I got a little less for a little more back in December. I wish it had turned out to be one of the "Town and Country" models. I think mine is a good place to start ... something. This is the second "BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO" that I have found, and actually it was found by a friend who sent me a note saying "this is up by you, interested?"

Maybe one day one like yours will come along and I'll get another note....... :)

That is a really nice one!
Rat Royale
REEC Elsewhere

Well it was a sleepless night tossing and turning.."to excited to sleep"..Thank you guys for all the positive comments I cant wait to get it home and to start working on it.. :D

WOW. :shock: That's awesome... I've got to find one just for the wheelset. I could picture those wheels on a rusty old tanker. 8)

I picked it up today around 4 pm with my son ...it's a little rough but worth getting..I need a few spokes if any one has LMK.
I will take a few fresh pictures...I have no clue where the S/N..is ? Anybody ?? :?

Nice Score! My Schwinn Tandem is an early 70's and the s.n is on the headtube.Yours is much earlier so I'd check the rear dropouts.Enjoy that one! 8)

for the serial #, try the left rear droput or un the bottom bracket, would like to see the headbadge too, thank's

olschbp said:
for the serial #, try the left rear droput or un the bottom bracket, would like to see the headbadge too, thank's
I will post pics Monday...Gonna look for S/N..Right now..Thanks All..Jay

S/N is T005146...I found it on the rear bottom bracket...I flipped the frame upside down to find it..Must be getting old cant see as good as I used to :wink:

Re: Vintage Schwinn Tandem (Serial No now posted )

schwinn tandem!
100_2817.jpg

100_2813.jpg

100_2815.jpg

100_2812.jpg

100_2814.jpg

100_2816.jpg

100_2811.jpg

She needs a good home! :wink:

Re: Vintage Schwinn Tandem (Serial No now posted )

thank's. I thought you would find it under the bottom bracket, that bike is is old, as the curved seat post, cottered crank's the chain gaurd,etc, I think it is pre 1950, hope that it cleans up good for you, that is a nice keeper, and rider

Latest posts

Back