Hiawatha ....finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the rest of the Hiawatha put together today. Out of the three I think this one turned out the best. Man it rides really good too. Still have to put a red pinstrip on the chainguard ,but 65degree weather was just barely exceptable to paint and it will be a while till I can tape over it. :cry:

redhiawatha002.jpg

redhiawatha003.jpg

redhiawatha004.jpg

redhiawatha005.jpg

on three

onthree005.jpg

onthree001.jpg

Yeah you wind up with a living room full of bikes. Glad yall like them . Its fun but I'm having to look for parts now so Ill have to either buy a bunch of more parts or stop building. A guy bought a Schwinn heavy duti I redid and traded this one in for $75... wish he would come back by . I would buy complete twin bars for $75 all day long. :wink:

I think that bike looks the best out of the three, its just got the hole coolness factor going for it. It reminds me of my first Chevy truck with the red and black.
Oh yea I thought you had a 3 wheeler in line or maybe a SCHWINN that was on the build of the week for next week ? Dont short change us now mister. :mrgreen:

olschbp said:
very nice again, wish I didn't have to work, so that is all I would do, build bikes, very nice

Naw you would probably go fishing and play golf ,like the rest of the normal world. :roll:

very nice clean look to that bike! the only thing i would do to it is fin some red tire paint and paint the white letters re. thats just my opinion though. the pinstriping is very cool!

Yeah these are our bargin basement Kendas. I noticed that one of mine didnt have the white on a letter. Im thinking that you can run over them with a disk sander and get rid of the white all together. Ill try on another set I have tomorrow. :wink:
The stripe on the fenders was pretty easy. I used that 1/4 3m pinstripe tape. Went around the edge of the fender and then went around two more times right next to it and then pull out the middle one and spray it. Makes a really straight line. maybe a little wide but hey it was easy.

Latest posts

Back