Got direction then BAM a wife's opinion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok there I was being happy to redo old bikes . Clean...find parts needed...paint....you know fix them up. Then the wife , who normally dosent get too involved in my hobby ...Says (out of the clear blue) What are you doing. I looked and I didnt see I was scratching anything . :roll: So I asked her what was she talking about? She said you use to build cool frames and sat around designing really cool bikes ,and now you just repaint old bikes. I told her I had cut my frame building jig apart ,and I really wasnt rigged to build frames. She informed me that I was wasting my talents . Soooo I guess she might be right (she gets lucky every once in a while) So I have a couple redoos left and then I guess I will fire up the ol welder and see what I can produce. May be just a stretched copy of some old frame style....may be something wild....I'm not sure right now , but dear wifey has spoken :wink:

A COLSON Burrito!

God willing I should have this in my possesion sometime this week. I'm thinking a 8'' stretched version will be a good starting point...I love this frame. :lol:

DSC_0042-2.jpg

I have to tell????? Ok its still in the family...He is getting my 42 westfield. May seem like we neither one kept them very long but as it turns out we wanted each others bike from the start. Ha ha

westfieldcolumbia002.jpg

Ha Ha...that's pretty funny.

When you made the post about your lunch time ride, I saw your bike and said....man, I really like that thing.

Then...a couple of days later I see you post the classified ad minutes after you did and I thought....oh no!...I'm broke. :shock:

So I decide if I can't get it I'll pass along the info to my Uncle...who happened to be online at the same time and could respond quickly.

So he get's the bike and has the itch to paint something and I offer the Elgin up in trade to scratch the itch. :D

My world = no money, no time, no parts, hate painting.

Uncle Stretch = pile of parts at home, plenty of retirement time, loves to paint bikes...well, sorta, ha ha.

Ok he forgot the part about when he found the elgin I wanted it then and he was going to part it. I would have driven the 5 hours to dallas to get it. Its the only bike I would trade the westfield for. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah....forgot about that part. :D

And trust me...I'm a sucker for chrome so letting go of the lobdells and the chainring was no easy feat....ha ha.

i`m first,i`m first! :lol: i can have a colson frame on your porch,by the time you wake up! i casually bring the subject up at every swap meet,right? you know i`ll do the frame justice. black schwalbe`s gathering dust in my garage. :( pm me if your interested. help a 52 yr. old kid`s dream come true! :D

Let me get setup before I start taking requests. Ill get with you if it looks like I can do what you want. I do hate to cut a frame anymore. From scratch builds are much better.

:shock: GREAT SCOTT! :shock: I'm unemployed and broke and you come out of retirement :p .Guess when the snow clears I'll be riding many miles picking up cans to fill the piggybank to try to make my dream of owning an "Uncle Stretch Custom"! :wink:
ps-I like the idea of a burrito build but those would be hard to ship! :lol:

Latest posts

Back