Custom cable housing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you Guy's use for cool cable housings??
IMG_0849.JPG

I've used those cheap solid color ones on Cyclops, but for Major Taylor, I used translucent gold over stainless weave Jagwire housings which I really like (quality as well as looks). Not a great photo, but it's what I have. I need to get some updated pics of this.

11898521_10153217687598191_88162748971094622_n.jpg

It looks like PC has a lot of great parts on their website.

Best selection of Dia-Compe products on the web! They have the boomerang, which allows you to mount a 990 style brake on a fork without mounts. Plus all the mid and old school BMX parts. And they were the only ones with the Skyway Tuffwheels with a 9 tooth driver. Super, super nice people to deal with, as well.

Best selection of Dia-Compe products on the web! They have the boomerang, which allows you to mount a 990 style brake on a fork without mounts. Plus all the mid and old school BMX parts. And they were the only ones with the Skyway Tuffwheels with a 9 tooth driver. Super, super nice people to deal with, as well.
I was looking at some of the brake calipers and are those repros or still original manufactured products?
I think I bought some green 20" BMX tires from them for a Beetle juice themed BMX build for my niece like 20 years ago.

At 1 time the shop did have white housing for shifter cables and the owner and manager of the shop put them on his purple Surly plus bike. I've seen some used brake housings that were bright green and some blue ones. I noticed a lot of older 10 speeds that are red with yellow decals come with yellow brake cables. That as I said I only use black and sometimes silver brake cables and I always use black shifter cables.

Latest posts

Back