Murrays

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a '53 Fleetline
009-5.jpg

I've been coming across a few Murray built bikes lately.

59 western flyer super deluxe tank model (building this one)
apyjyqar.jpg

66 Murray Jet Fire (sold today)
gaguhete.jpg

66-68 Spaceliner (thinking about selling)
y7e9yva5.jpg

Last edited:
I found the Rust Rocket Deluxe this morning on the Hotrod Bicycles page on FB. A couple changes but still looking great! The frame is a Murray Monterey.

View attachment 147131

View attachment 147132

I was glad to see how well the paint job I did on that bike has held up!
The changes that Leon and his brother did are great, I think he’s looking at changing the wheel color to either black or red oxide to match the frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'll introduce myself here and now since I'm about to become the proud owner of a Murray built Hiawatha electroforged.
I am trying to learn and document as much as I can about electroforged bikes, who made them and when they were made.
I was hoping to put a motor on this bike.
Anyway I hope to be engaging murray riders, learning and sharing what we learn.

Welcome!
There's an intro forum you can use if you'd like.

I've never seen an electroforged Murray, I always thought Schwinn was alone with that type of manufacture. I learn something new all the time. Post up some pics when you get your bike!

Fun fact; After Schwinn closed their Chicago factory, they contracted Murray to continue to build their electroforged bikes.
The pic on the left is the frame I purchased. I don't have it yet.
The pic on the right is the same frame but shows the electroforged seat stay.

And thanks for the welcome ;)
I actually have 2 posts in the intro section. i posted one in August when I joined, but then I didn't post again until january here , so I posted a "re-aquainting" post again.

I expect I'll get the frame on Tuesday, since I see it was in town friday.
I can't wait.

Attachments

• hiawatha 1.jpg
    hiawatha 1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 54
  • electrofoged.jpg
    electrofoged.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I'll be looking for a build thread on that prewar frame.

Thanks for the info. I knew Murray made some Schwinns, but not exactly when and for how long, but I thought they were just making them look electroforged.

Latest posts

Back