CYCLE TRUCK (POST PHOTOS)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure on year but here is my workman
1bdc31aa141532d6bdad0ed6f1284774.jpg
e843d6ce951075d9cbde606ef3c6b91c.jpg
91c6ff422c9031c426fd4391dd4bad17.jpg

When Webshots went away, I lost all the posted material I had on this site and several others. That being the case, I am going to attempt to put the photos of the Cycle-Truck group back up.
This is what we have here, and I'll point out the ones that are as of yet unbuilt.
In order by year:
39 Small Basket, 18" frame - box dweller as of this time
39 B12673 A ~.jpg

39 small basket, 20" frame - rideable
39 B86458 B.jpg

41 Large basket - all original including paint!
41 I01353 B.JPG

46 Small basket
46 B84771 B.jpg

48 Large basket - under reconstruction currently
48 E160428 A ~.jpg

50 Large basket on small basket frame - soon to be addressed
50 G165025 B.jpg

A pair of '52 models
52 B63727 B.jpg

52 C99646 B.JPG

'57 Ross Delivery Cycle - built from a frame/fork only
57 5744635 Ross B.jpg

57 Schwinn small basket
57 B65116 B.jpg

65 Restored CT2
65 LA20003 B.jpg

67 CT1 - 90% Original
67 CC50626 B.jpg

And the recently acquired Worksman (bought from here!) Not together yet - in gathering mode at this time. This one has no rules!
Worksman LGCT A.jpg

And there you have them.... I guess I have a bit of an obsession for these..
EDIT: Sorry, I have no photos of the last Schwinn at all. It may not ever see getting built, so I have not taken any photos of it at all and can't find the ad photos of it.
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Last edited:
i have to say these Cycle Trucks are quite impressive, would be nice to see a bicycle company make some of these in a more modern fashion in honor of these rigs, gimme one with a 32" rear tire and 24" front :D

i have to say these Cycle Trucks are quite impressive, would be nice to see a bicycle company make some of these in a more modern fashion in honor of these rigs, gimme one with a 32" rear tire and 24" front :D
Not those wheel sizes, but Crust Bikes makes a fork you can put on almost any 26 or 700c frame and convert it to a front load cargo/cycle truck. It’s really really awesome, and well thought out.

Hi guys! I've been away from bikes and from this forum for a few years, but I'm baaaaaaaack! Here's the cycle truck I just got back on the road. It was a shop bike used in a Caterpillar plant for decades, before they scrapped it. My dad found it at the scrapyard he was working at, and brought it home. It ended up being in his shed for 30 years(!) before I found it and brought it back to life. It was missing all of the basket hardware and the basket and base, and the drop stand. Also, the rear wheel was rusted almost in two. I tried to keep as many original parts as possible, including the front wheel and hub, and the original rear hub. The skiptooth chain and sprocket are original too. I decided not to pretty it up, choosing to leave the weird Caterpillar paint scheme. The tires are a matched set of older Nirve ...... flame tread tires. This thing is a hoot to ride!
IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

Not the best pictures but you get the idea. Made out of scavenged bits (of course) for the cafe across the street from my shop. Cost was a few cans of spray paint and some cables/housing. The rest was stuff laying around. Foundation was a Taiwan Schwinn diamond 5 speed cruiser frame. Going to surprise them with it today, hopefully it won't get stolen in the mean streets of Van Nuys. :)

Attachments

• humblebee (1).JPG
    humblebee (1).JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 48
  • humblebee (2).JPG
    humblebee (2).JPG
    373 KB · Views: 49
  • humblebee (3).JPG
    humblebee (3).JPG
    171 KB · Views: 52
  • humblebee (4).JPG
    humblebee (4).JPG