(Trike-Tor)...WAHA-SEDB-3 (#2 - Class 1)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
4e86cd8fedfbfff078714d728d0694d0.plist

After much consideration and waffling, I’ve decided that the photo above comprises an angle that provides a look at more of the details involved. I have some more dramatic photos but I’m thinking this one keeps it simple and concise, barn background at the historic blacksmith shop in Haysville, KS.
The result of mating a 1955 Wards Hawthorne Bike with a Sears David Bradley garden tractor hood and few miscellaneous parts all just bolted together. For a detailed documentation take a look at the “Build Thread Link” that follows.
——————————————————————————-
Build Thread Link: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/waha-sedb-3-trike-tor-done.110958/
——————————————————————————-
A few other views were considered...

At Dr Glen Dey Park, ICT.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

WAHA-SEDB-3...Trike-Tor (PARTS LIST)

1. 1955 Wards Hawthorne frame, fender, chainguard, quill seatpost, crank.
2. 1950’s Sears David Bradley tractor hood.
3. 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1/8 steel angle.
4. 1 x 1 x 1/8 steel angle.
5. 1-1/4 x 1/8 steel flat bar.
6. 5/16” threaded steel rod.
7. 3/8” dia steel bar.
8. 2 x 4 treated wood stock.
9. 1-1/2 x 12ga perforated zinc coated steel.
10. 5/8” steering spindle knuckle set from eBay.
11. 3/8” Heim female tie rod ends.
12. Donor fork of unknown origin.
13. 1/4” Bolts, washers, nuts, various lengths.
14. 5/16” Bolts, washers, nuts, various lengths.
15. 3/8” Bolts, washers, nuts, various lengths.
16. Technomic 1” long quill stem.
17. Wald touring bars and black bar tape.
18. Model T era wooden steering wheel.
19. Wooden steering knob.
20. Synthetic cork grips.
21. Origin 8 brake lever.
22. Tektro caliper brake 79-99 reach.
23. Schwinn brake cable.
24. Virtue quilted saddle & 5/8” clamp.
25. Simpson strong tie structural Tees.
26. ABS pipe component battery tube.
27. Radio Shack 12v battery pack.
28. WOLO 370 Roadrunner horn and button.
29. Specialized rear flasher.
30. Flea market marker lights.
31. Flea market iron wood roadrunner ornament.
32. 20” hollow hub 5/8” axle wheelset.
33. 20” x 2.30” BMX Husky tires and tubes.
34. 26” chrome 12ga heavy duty CB wheel.
35. 26”x 2.50” Sunlite Sandy Beach tire and tube.
36. Red Crown valve caps.
37. 5/16” hook and eye turnbuckles.
38. 12” springs from Home Depot.
39. 3/8” tie rod stock and A-Frame stabilizer rods.
40. Bell 1/8 x 1/2” pitch chain.
41. NOS International warning triangle and reflectors.
42. Broom handle bumper support rods.
43. Murray 44T sprocket and KT 22T cog.
44. Miscellaneous other hardware items, MinWax ebony wood stain, vinegar and WD-40, probably missed something.
EDIT: (Apple Grafix lettering, Meat Grinder handle and Wald platform pedals)

Scroll down the thread for short ride video.

Last edited by a moderator:
SOME DETAILS & VIDEO...scroll down
008.png
009.png
010.png
011.png
012.png
013.png
014.png
015.png
016.png

Riding Trike-Tor ~~~ VIDEO ~~~ VIDEO ~~~ VIDEO ~~~

~~~ VIDEO ~~~ VIDEO ~~~ VIDEO ~~~ VIDEO ~~~

Last edited:
Definitely your most creative build to date! You pulled off the tractor / trike look, kept it just rusty enough, and had us all in the palm of your hand for about 16 weeks. Can't ask for any more than that!

Demo ride video shot by Mrs MazdaFlyer in case you missed the link above. Uncut, unedited, just raw footage, almost live. Rideability, pedal powered proof in action.

Last edited:
Love this thing sooooo much ! such a fun build :heart:

I watched the video but missed 1 thing that I love doing on trikes, riding on 2 wheels. Does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely your most creative build to date! You pulled off the tractor / trike look, kept it just rusty enough, and had us all in the palm of your hand for about 16 weeks. Can't ask for any more than that!
Hey thanks! Thanks for the Trike-Tor moniker. 14K views, going for 15K would be good since this BO#15.
Kool or Cool either way, thanks!
This build puts a smile on my face like none other! You must have had a blast putting it together.
It was a fun project since Day 1/May 1. Now I’m needing a new challenge. “Smiles” are good for the times we’re living in...they’re in short supply.

Love it! Talk about thinking outside the box and pulling it off nicely !
Thanks! It was a great creative challenge, keeping the ole brain active helps fend off dementia.
Love this thing sooooo much ! such a fun build :heart:
Thanks! Glad you like it, I’d been kicking the idea around for a while. I didn’t anticipate it being as complicated as it evolved.
I watched the video but missed 1 thing that I love doing on trikes, riding on 2 wheels. Does it?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s pretty heavy and it hugs the pavement pretty well. Probably on a good slope in a turn you could lift the inboard wheel. You might notice on my u-turn I was walking it around the turn. At my age I’m not much of a risk taker anymore. If you ever make it to KS you’re welcome to take it for a spin.

Truly an amazing build to watch unfold man!
Well engineered and executed for sure!
And the ratty aesthetics are superb!
Home run top shelf build. Your best yet in my opinion!
CONGRATS!

Very cool from concept to finish!
Your journal was very engaging and I found myself thinking through your engineering challenges as if I were there working along with you. Considering the amount of attention you had all summer, I must not have been the only one that got drawn in! Congrats, well done!

Congrats on Trike-Tor's 2nd Place finish man! We were neck and neck in this race. I love your build and had a blast following it this year. Well done!

Congrats on Trike-Tor's 2nd Place finish man! We were neck and neck in this race. I love your build and had a blast following it this year. Well done!
Thanks!
Interesting second drag race of sorts in progress on the Facebook Rat Rod Bikes page.

Thanks!
Interesting second drag race of sorts in progress on the Facebook Rat Rod Bikes page.

I am not sure, but I am guessing you mean the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place announcements that Steve has been posting. Great to see TrikeTor getting some love on Facebook. The rest of us here have been seeing your cool build for 4 months now. For most FB people, it's the first time they have ever seen a tractor bike. Be prepared for it to be shared all over FB. Reminds me of the buzz that Clyde James got when he built the VW bike. Congrats and well done!

Awsome build, love it. Tadpole trikes are more stable than deltas, both can tip, but with a delta; it's more steering input than speed. Tadpoles are more stable than deltas at low speed, at high speeds(which this thing may never see regardless of rider)... well... lets just say a Can-Am Ryker can take a turn faster than any delta trike motorcycle and four wheeler.

I like how you can see the ackerman, too. Certain vehicles give it away and for some reason I like being able to see it, like when I see real good caster.

Latest posts

Back