BO15 PINK PANTHER - Close, but no cigar.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ladies and gents! We've got our first mock up. Not a full mockup, but trying to establish the stance, and figure out how and where to put bracing between the bars and fork. Might have to use a different stem, but this is really close to what I'm going for.

20200701_131841.jpg

20200701_132326.jpg

20200701_135033.jpg

I am trying to find something like this that will fit 3/4" pipe. I would like 4 ideally but no clue where to find this in the smaller diameter. Everything I am finding is for motorcycles which generally start at 2" in diameter. Any ideas/leads? Thanks

Screenshot_20200701-135756_eBay.jpg

Looking good so far! If you have a Schwinn excercycle, why not use it's wheel cover on your build?

I am trying to find something like this that will fit 3/4" pipe. I would like 4 ideally but no clue where to find this in the smaller diameter. Everything I am finding is for motorcycles which generally start at 2" in diameter. Any ideas/leads? Thanks

View attachment 127400

.75 dia clamping surface, but what span do you need?

I'm sure I could find someone to do it. But if the thread pitch is standard, I could use a long bolt and thread it through both rings and tighten it to the span I need?
That's good thinking

These on Ebay could be conoibled to work

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
If you are using 3/4" pipe, the O.D. is probably about 7/8"-1". Would the triple trees from an OCC, or WCC bike work?

Stripped the coppertone (love it so much, but doesn't go with the theme). Too bad it's not a tiger theme, cause the wire brush creates an awesome tiger stripe pattern.
Trying to figure the stance still, mainly of the bars. I want the fork out where it is like a crouching panther, however, 2 major factors that I can't readily address are:

1. The headtube hardware. It's a schwinn steertube, but I don't have schwinn cups, bearings, or cones/races so I'm using the excerciser spacer which doesn't give me an accurate gauge of where the stem would be height wise. 2. I don't have any mounting hardware for the seat, so I can't sit on it and gauge where I want the bars to be... fun yet frustrating.

20200703_142925.jpg

20200703_184659.jpg

20200703_202300.jpg

20200703_202318.jpg

Last edited:
Stripped the coppertone (love it so much, but doesn't go with the theme). Too bad it's not a tiger theme, cause the wire brush creates an awesome tiger stripe pattern.
Trying to figure the stance still, mainly of the bars. I want the fork out where it is like a crouching panther, however, 2 major factors that I can't readily address are:

1. The headtube hardware. It's a schwinn steertube, but I don't have schwinn cups, bearings, or cones/races so I'm using the excerciser spacer which doesn't give me an accurate gauge of where the stem would be height wise. 2. I don't have any mounting hardware for the seat, so I can't sit on it and gauge where I want the bars to be... fun yet frustrating.

View attachment 127770

View attachment 127771

View attachment 127772

View attachment 127773

Once you are satisfied with the general placement and vibe, figure out the order that parts need to be locked into place and start your fab work from there. That is what I had to do with my parts this year.

Holy mother of Batman, Batman! So I just found out the headset from my thrift store Huffy donor fits my schwinn exerciser steertube...thread pitch matches and everything! :13::13:
20200709_174912.jpg

20200709_175005.jpg

Had to mix bearings to make it work with the Murray cups, but it works!!! It's on like Donkey Kong!

20200709_182100.jpg

Needed just a smidge more spacing at the cross brace of the headtube which, thankfully, was exactly 2 nuts worth *giggity*. I have the stance down just about perfect and am simply waiting for my truss bracing to arrive so I can set the handlebars in place. Need to track down a sissy bar as well, but all in good time. Started working on my moondiscs for the rear, but that is fodder for another post.

20200710_144724.jpg
20200710_175449.jpg

Latest posts

Back