Walmart Klunkers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like, at least in Canada that Walmart is selling new klunkers. This guy always does cheap bike challenges with walmart bikes and I'm pretty impressed. I'd definatly want one in black or red.

I've liked the looks of that bike since it first showed up at the warehouse. I'm surprised that he went with the 24 inch, there's a 26 available.
6000199464086.jpg

I've liked the looks of that bike since it first showed up at the warehouse. I'm surprised that he went with the 24 inch, there's a 26 available.
View attachment 115727
I could deal with the green, change the crank, put some street tires on it. With my luck, they'll never make it here.

I've never seen a bike straight from walmart even last with regular riding. He must have lubed and adjusted everything first.
I wonder how this would have held up. It's only $169:
59edf037-3820-47b1-8bb5-e6b86879ee37_1.965a8dbf50c033cba8c07a293beab893.jpeg

That was awesome!!!! $178 CDN is only $126 USD!!!!!!

I've never seen a bike straight from walmart even last with regular riding. He must have lubed and adjusted everything first.

And here I was thinking that that's a problem with every no--name cheap bicycle sold on the web or in a supermarket in Poland...

And here I was thinking that that's a problem with every no--name cheap bicycle sold on the web or in a supermarket in Poland...
I was to Carrefour yesterday, touching bikes there. Obviously, kids bikes were heavier then adults ones, only one suspension fork did actually work without me putting my whole weight on it, most of the fork legs were scratched already. But the most surprising thing was that i was able to rotate the 31,8 handlebars inside the stem without putting much effort. Man, those bikes are trash.

I was to Carrefour yesterday, touching bikes there. Obviously, kids bikes were heavier then adults ones, only one suspension fork did actually work without me putting my whole weight on it, most of the fork legs were scratched already. But the most surprising thing was that i was able to rotate the 31,8 handlebars inside the stem without putting much effort. Man, those bikes are trash.

The worst thing is that people bring those bikes to my shop after 2-3-4-5 years of doing exactly nothing with them, and are suprised, that the cost of repair are the same as buying a new pseudo-bicycle like that o_O

Also there is no good method to telling people that those are not 100% full-value bicycles o_O

Nop
Nope. Buy&ride like any other Joe and Joan Blow. He's trashed quite a few bikes, usually if they survive enough, he'll leave to be found or give ir to somebody.

I think that's true, they ride once and then the bikes stay parked. More than half the walmart bikes I see at the store are hard to pedal because of adjustments. The chain is too tight or a wheel is rubbing or warped. Forks backward make them ride funny. The seat might be a problem too, even a big cruiser seat is uncomfortable for large people who aren't used to riding. I know from experience! :nod: Another reason is traffic. When I was younger, drivers would watch the road and make room for bikes. Now they either won't give an inch or aren't even paying attention. It's getting worse each year. I try to only ride on paths and stay off the traveled roads. I can ride the sidewalk, but 10mph is the limit by law and the pedestrians should have full rights to sidewalks imo. But some of those Trek and Giant etc, better quality bikes make for good deals on CL.

index.php

Not a Klunker, but a walmart bike. Pretty much tore everything down, greased everything and replaced tires tubes seat bars chain guard grips stem crank chain wheel.
It is nothing like the bike that came in a cardboard box 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Back