Unofficial March Shootout II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the fork and fork wedge out of the Miss america, also my new sprocket arrived. I'd like to find a way to age it and make it look more like the elgin one.
daiuqst.jpg

Does anyone know what my chainguard is from?
Ir2hyrM.jpg

Got the fork and fork wedge out of the Miss america, also my new sprocket arrived. I'd like to find a way to age it and make it look more like the elgin one.
daiuqst.jpg

Does anyone know what my chainguard is from?
Ir2hyrM.jpg
I missed something along the way . Did you say something about a Elgin Miss America ?
Still looking for missing pieces for mine ? The chain gaurd may be a Elgin Super Sport ?
WdSVQBrdJ1PzbYCxgN74CNLaVC3Du7gmPnaxJcFgfLk.jpg

So here's my down and dirty spoke calculation method. The rim on the bottom has the hub I want on a 26 x 1 3/8, I set the crusty 26 x 2.125 rim (I have a matching set) I want to use on top and lined the holes up and used my tape measure... checking in multiple places and averaging it out to 10 3/8" now to convert 3/8ths to decimal and order some spokes. (That's a 3 speed coaster so the brake bosses gotta go too!) Now to hit my bone yard for a front hub.
c6cc28d666c1bee6d7995f831ab2ebe9.jpg

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

I missed something along the way . Did you say something about a Elgin Miss America ?
Still looking for missing pieces for mine ? The chain gaurd may be a Elgin Super Sport ?
WdSVQBrdJ1PzbYCxgN74CNLaVC3Du7gmPnaxJcFgfLk.jpg
My parts bike was once an elgin miss america, I bought it as a frame and fork for $20 and the frame is totaled because of freeze/thaw damage. you can see it in the first pic I posted on this thread.

Not much going on with the Fold'em since Sunday. Started having some major sinus pain Sunday night and by Monday the whole right side of my face, including teeth were killing me. Got into the doctor's office yesterday. Major sinus infection. Got some good drugs and feeling a lot better today.
Not much time after work before sundown today. Talked with my son about the handlebars Sunday night and he likes the little BMX bars. He said he prefers narrow bars, so these might work. I mocked them up tonight to see how the shifters and brake levers will work. No room for grip shifters, so gonna have to get some good thumbies for it. The old rear wheel has a 5 speed freewheel, but the newer, nicer wheel has a 7 speed with a granny low. Probably gonna have to get friction shifters to make it work anyways.
9bfb60c34462ff66e31f4f18812ac0fc.jpg
071f9949c31d6b0e687fdbf6aff9e32e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did a quick mock-up today
87ee9fcabfb4234929165a7c2a97c172.jpg

And I found 3 things I have to address
1. The front fender needs major adjusting I think this fender was used with a springer fork that’s why the brace is so long on the front.
2. The back fender kinda looks about right but the braces don’t reach a contact point.
3. The front tank doesn’t really fit with the original snap in braces
e1143fe01d3ad24cd1abc573b60dc145.jpg
7f699b821e2d04dd36fd2e75363e0074.jpg
a18725fa11597be937ac300923fbf36f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back