flying pegasus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
insane!! by far my favorite build.Cant wait to see it finished awesome job

gee...thanks for the great comments.
thanks for the tip off on the head badge...bigdumbhead, it has ended but i'll keep an eye out.
here a pic overhead of the stems in place. one of them is an alloy one and the other is a cast one. i'll have to buy
another one to match either one.
fpheadstemarea.jpg

here's another pic with the 2 piece bars bent and placed on...it has a real good low-down grab, race feel to it which i
was hoping for.
fpfrontside.jpg

with the bars in the race position and the seat mounts now all finished, i adjusted the front mount which curved the
saddle very nicely. hugs the ... much better when reaching for the bars.
fpseatfinished.jpg

had some time for some work on sunday so i mounted a dyna for some power.
fpdynamount.jpg

you can actually feel this thing when it touches the tyre. nothing like old skool 6 volt system.
fpdynamountwheel.jpg

i thought i'd keep it old skool looking instead of adding a converted LED type light.

i also added a nice crusty light that i picked up ages ago at swap meet for next to nothing. i think i might have to
sandbast it and color it to match.
fpfrontlightsprings.jpg

i moved it all around the front of the bike/forks looking for the right spot and i didn't really like the
usual places. so i decided to go off to the side...so people can ask"why didn't you mount it in the centre?"
fpfrontlight.jpg

now i need to find a nice vintage small light for the rear.
here are some more pics of the bike in some outdoor light.
fprearshot.jpg

fprearshot2.jpg

i probably won't go with an engine on this one...even though i'd really like to but
i think it's got too many things in the way now and it should have been planned a
little better fo it to fit. maybe on a future build?
i've been working on some new tanks sides [to fatten up the area] and i've made some fibreglass moulds, so
i should be making the real ones soon. i'll post some pics when i'm done.
also been working on an alloy chainguard that sits in between the 2 sprockets [fornt and back] to fill the
lower part of the frame up a little. i'm hoping to paint a number on it!!

here are the tank halves i made out of craft wood, so i can make some molds of them and
hopefully use them again and again!
fptanks.jpg

this is one mold that i have finished and am preping for the real thing.
fptankmold.jpg

Latest posts

Back