Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandfather told me a story that I believe he heard from another guy about an old man they knew who had an early Model T in something resembling new condition. Ford had just introduced the Model A and either Ford or a dealer wanted the old man's Model T as a museum piece and they offered to trade it straight up for a new Model A. The old man took the deal, but returned the car some short time later to get his Model T back because the Model A was just too fast. My grandfather couldn't remember if the guy got his T back or not.

My mom told me her dad had an old Hudson Terraplane in the '50's when tailfins were the rage. So he made his own fins and mounted them on the car. I have not seen pictures of the car, but knowing Grandpa and seeing other stuff he made, I don't doubt he had a Terraplane with tailfins!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice :thumbsup:. Most my 60s mopars have ended up with 440s, but I've had some 383s as well (and some 400s, a 361…and one lonely 318). Currently have a '66 Sports Fury with a 383 (440 long block is on the engine stand waiting to be finished), a '67 Belvedere II with a mild built 400...accumulating parts to build a stroker 400 (451ci). I have '72 Dart with a Demon front end that I will build up for my brother, it was his in HS until I took it away from him. It has a 318…I haven't decided if I'll go mild big block or something 360 based for him (I don't want to see him wrecked/hurt... he's never really had a fast car).

If I had known and waited a year I coulda had a Hemi! Probably wouldn't have though. Didn't really want an all out race car when I bought it. It just kind of evolved. The thing inhaled gas, averaged 5-7 MPG....probably because I had my foot on the floor all the time. I lived in a Detroit suburb and raced that thing on Woodward almost every night. If you were around in the 60s-70s, you've heard about Woodward. Now we have the HUGE Woodward Cruise every year in the summer.

Sounds like you have a great assortment of MoPars. Always been my favorites. I've had lots of them, but the Satellite was my favorite.

My first real project car, 1961 comet. picked it up at auction and haven't regretted it.
F6aEbwO.jpg

npW8fty.jpg

Having a cheap old project car is very fun and is much like having cheap bikes.

1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe Type 143

This is the second '64 Ghia Coupe I've owned, the other I had between 1987-1989.

It's currently without an engine, the original had been modded poorly (internally) and I spun a bearing in a not so great place a few years ago. It'll probably drop a 100HP engine in and update to proper suspension/pan work and brakes to make it just a bit less than race-worthy. The other one I owned had a 65HP engine, was dropped properly up front and a ton of fun to drive.

ghia.jpg

As many of you know I am a lover of older model junk and I can't help myself when it comes to customizing said junk. So I present my 1991 Plymouth Sundance. Previous owner was fixing it up for his daughter and dropped in a remanufactured engine, new shocks, new fuel tank, new fuel pump, new alternator, and a bunch more. Long story short she thought it was ugly and didn't want it so the old guy sold it to me for $600 and I drove it home. So far I have added new rotors, calipers, hoses, starter, battery, rims, tires, wing, gauges, gauge pods, carbon wrapped the hood which needs redone, new stereo and speakers, and about a half dozen sensors too. Now I'm waiting to find the right parts car to do the motor swap to a turbo powerplant.

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_171230851.jpg
    IMG_20200503_171230851.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20200512_100946751_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200512_100946751_HDR.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back