Old cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this cruiser and when was it made? It is free. It does have a quill seatpost.
20191113_184322.jpg

I have a Columbia Firebolt and a Sears Spaceliner and I'm pretty sure it's neither one—different "brake" bridge, kickstand mount, seat stays, and it has fender(?) brackets sticking up from the drop outs. It seems to be a well-copied frame design.

What is this cruiser and when was it made? It is free. It does have a quill seatpost.
View attachment 109831

AMF made in Arkansas by the dropouts and the quill stem. Original paint scheme looks early 60's. Same bike as Sandman's.
Someone stripped it to get parts for their boy's frame I'll bet. Otherwise, ask for the rest of it too. But aftermarket springers and 26" wheels and everything will go right on. :113:

How do those things go clunking without breaking? The two other versions of this frame that I have shake like drunk Weeble Wobbles. The TRM tank on one helps a good amount on Interrobang, but it's still a bit like a Del Sol at speed on a neglected New England road where the front and back shake in opposition to each other.

How do those things go clunking without breaking? The two other versions of this frame that I have shake like drunk Weeble Wobbles. The TRM tank on one helps a good amount on Interrobang, but it's still a bit like a Del Sol at speed on a neglected New England road where the front and back shake in opposition to each other.
You asked the question that I was afraid to ask.

You wouldn't usually know it from my posts, but I am a writer. (You wouldn't know it because nobody's here to edit them 8 times for me!) Self doubts about the quality of my work aside, I at least got one novel out in the wild before a small publisher rolled over like a gray whale donating its body to great white shark preservation. I'm working on much more kid-friendly stuff now and I'm going to go the self-publishing route.

My friend used to have a Del Sol. When I first drove it, I remembered how much I like the zippy low-inertia feel of small cars. Then we hit a patch of broken asphalt and I remembered why I like them to be hard tops. Shaking is one of my pet peeves, so that's why I was so disappointed with these style bike frames. I had been told when I was young that step through frames were a lot less rigid, but I only rode a couple from the 90s and I didn't really notice a problem. Then the TRM tanks came out and I was inspired to build one with these great looking Schreckendost designs. I figured they'd be a little loose, and surely they weren't designed to be ridden by someone my size over 50 years after being made, but without the TRM tank, the Columbia is a bit much for me.

Yeah I'm afeared of step through frames as well. My wife has a mixte that I'll be working on some day, hopefully the extra tubes add stiffness
I had a Civic hatch from the same era, but with an Integra engine. The most fun/dollar ever!

Yeah I'm afeared of step through frames as well. My wife has a mixte that I'll be working on some day, hopefully the extra tubes add stiffness
I had a Civic hatch from the same era, but with an Integra engine. The most fun/dollar ever!

I've built up an 80s Nishiki hiten and a Fuji chromoly mixte for people and, though small, they were both pretty rigid.

Another friend had a 91 CRX Si and that thing was a blast.

Latest posts

Back