WBO/MBBO 2019-2020 Oct 1st start.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Off season build-off is on again!

Combined MBBO (Muscle Bike Build-Off) and WBO. (Winter Build-Off)

Class 1 as per usual MBBO:

The 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 options:

1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars. (Apehangers, steering wheels...)
You can have all three options!

Class 2 is the WBO and the requirement this time is all tires must be under 21" overall diameter, we would love to see BMX, Scramblers, MiniVelos, Scooters, Kids bikes etc, you get the idea.

Dates are Oct 1st 2019 to Feb 1st 2020.

You are expected to start a build thread and post progress pics as you go, please don't just build away and expect to jump in at the last second with a finished bike, you can enter at any time before the deadline, but the build must not be finished when you enter.

If your builds rideability is questionable please provide a riding picture or video, just to quell that question from those that like to cause trouble.

Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately with a single bike voting picture.

Start timer:
https://countingdownto.com/?c=2659195

Finish timer:
https://countingdownto.com/?c=2659196

Last edited:
Thanks Luke. Really appreciate you taking the lead on this.

This will b my first official RRB. Where specifically do we post our build thread?
As @RustyGold said, when the time rolls around a new forum section will appear at the top of the forum list, just start a new build thread in whichever section(s) you are entering!

Thanks Luke. Really appreciate you taking the lead on this.

This will b my first official RRB. Where specifically do we post our build thread?
Welcome aboard, Jude! We will help with any questions as the BO proceeds. RaT oN~!

I believe I will be entering two into class two.
One, a Scrambler with a sidehack and Two, a stretched BMX limo.
11.jpg

days to go...

Carl.

I'm in....cool stuff, wish I find sooner. Time to checkout the build journals, I heard they a very helpful.
Welcome brother.
Pop over to the "Intros" thread and introduce yourself.
There's plenty of time, building doesn't start til October 1.

Carl.

I just might enter in class two with a small diameter bmx (12"?) for my son. It's a beaut I found at a flea market and needs some tlc.

Hey Luke, I started building and mocking up a custom Frankenstein muscle chop. It is by no means near completion, painted or done with fab, but I did start on it a few months ago. May I enter it or would that be an unfair advantage?

I’m in, though I’ll be a late starter. And weird. Recumbent. But if I go 26/20, use apes, and a nanner it’ll hit all 3 points for a muscle bike, right? :21::rofl:

Ahhh, I’ll just go 20/20 and WBO Class 2. :thumbsup:

I’m in, though I’ll be a late starter. And weird. Recumbent. But if I go 26/20, use apes, and a nanner it’ll hit all 3 points for a muscle bike, right? :21::rofl:

Ahhh, I’ll just go 20/20 and WBO Class 2. :thumbsup:
A three wheel recumbant would be cool... 26 in back with 20's on each side of the crank. Maybe a steering wheel.

B8C457A5-1DD7-4E8D-86AF-9C02CC3813B4.jpeg
I’ve always been intrigued by the Ground Hugger. Kind of a Nanner, could see some sissy bars there too. Kind of a steering wheel, more like an airplane yoke, actually! Uses a U-joint linkage. Oh, the possibilities!

I have about four builds:
Staring at me.:crazy2::crazy::confused::nerd:
Is that all?

I got all these cans of spray paint.
20190925_200112.jpg
And I gotta use'm all so I can use the milk crate on one of my entries.
And three skateboards, one waterski, and a snowboard I gotta build banana seats with!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back