Donniebikes55

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0273_Moment(2).jpg
Hey everyone. My name is Chris and I'm a very good friend of Donnie. Donnie unfortunately passed away on Tuesday August 13th 2019.
I just want everyone to know that Donnie was a huge fan of Rat Rod Bikes and loved all of the work, craftsmanship, and effort put forth by all of you. He lived for his bicycles and in his last days what bothered him most was the fact that he was not healthy enough to complete his build for the current competition. I thank you all for your thoughts and keep cranking out those beautiful bikes, for I know that Donnie is looking down waiting to see who wins.
IMG_0274_Moment.jpg

May Donnie “Rest in Peace” and enjoy the after life, ride, build and rat on Donnie.

May God Bless Donnie and his family and friends. Such sad news. Donnie fit right in last year and was a Blessing to us. Rest In Peace our rat rod friend.

Somehow I missed this post until now. Thank you, Chris, for making this known to us.

There is a sense one gets from the 'spirit' behind each builder, hints of their character, that seems to connect beyond the ethereal computer generated words and uploaded photos.

Donnie, known to us as donniebikes55, had his own signature in his builds, and in the way he expressed himself here on RRB. His build last year, with his kind of 'steampunk' design meets rock n' roll, showed us a character whom I think many of us were drawn to right off the bat.

My sympathies to his family and friends in their grief. May you all strengthen each other in the days ahead, and find comfort in the shared memories of Donnie and the life he lived.

Condolences to friends and family. We will carry on knowing that he is still with us in spirit. Ride and Rat on Donnie.

Rest in Peace brother.
Donnie's build last year was one of the wildest bikes ever.
The trike he started would've been a definite encore.

Carl.

Donnie won the best doobiewackerthingymajig award from me. I know he was in a middle of another build. I hope he managed to finish it,or if not he is tinkering with it up in the big garage. RIP Bro.

Latest posts

Back