Austrian Built Sears 9 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
01212_3wIo9g4r2A4_600x450.jpg

01010_6HuCGmLar0Z_600x450.jpg

00q0q_6809dkhO9Sl_600x450.jpg

CL ad says its made in Austria by Puch, with 3 speed Sturmey Archer hub with 3 external cogs for a series of 9.

Looks interesting, but I'm wondering the 3 speed hub. Is it an SA, or something else, and if something else, is it something that can be serviced and repaired? Asking price is $120.00.

That is unique hub and an interesting bike. Working the downtube shifter from riser handle bars must be a bit awkward (but fun) .

If you're interested you might try to negotiate on that price. They're cool bikes, but have some oddball parts, and they aren't rare or particularly sought after. I'd probably offer a bit less and see how the seller reacts. Once you replace the usual stuff like tires, tubes, rim strips, cables, etc you'll have an additional $50 or $60 on top of the purchase price.

It is an interesting bike but I'm not much of a bike mechanic. Will probably let it sit. I've got a decade worth of projects around the house as it is.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure if I followed guitarcarl's instructions to the best of my ability I would only end up with 2 or 3 extra pieces upon reassembly.

I love that frame though. The pool stick graphics and all. I've got mine put up, waiting to find a second one locally. I want to build a diamond stretch and save as much original paint as possible. That Steyr hub is a good one too.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back