Bike ID Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bike locally. Not sure of the make . Posible pre war.
It is a skip tooth. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Randall.
Screenshot_20190803-072409_letgo.jpg

Frame is by Cleveland Welding; fork could be Schwinn or an aftermarket part. Might have been badged a number of ways. That style of chainring was often found on Western Flyers of the early 1950s, but I also have a Shelby with the same component.

Flip the bike and look for a serial number and/or date code stamped on the bottom shell--that may help narrow things down. If the badge is missing from the front of the bike, the ghostly outline where it once was mounted can often be an aid to identity, as well.

Frame is by Cleveland Welding; fork could be Schwinn or an aftermarket part. Might have been badged a number of ways. That style of chainring was often found on Western Flyers of the early 1950s, but I also have a Shelby with the same component.

Flip the bike and look for a serial number and/or date code stamped on the bottom shell--that may help narrow things down. If the badge is missing from the front of the bike, the ghostly outline where it once was mounted can often be an aid to identity, as well.
Thanks Rustysprokets

Thanks Rustysprockets local guy is asking $175 for it. He's claiming it's a Schwinn but I didn't think so.

Absolutely NOT a Schwinn. Probably started life as something like this...

wf.jpg

Missing the rack, tank, chain guard, and fenders...plus, the fork is a substitute. The CWC frame makes a nice rugged foundation for a rat build, but they're not very uncommon and he's asking too much, IMHO.

Absolutely NOT a Schwinn. Probably started life as something like this...

View attachment 100917
Missing the rack, tank, chain guard, and fenders...plus, the fork is a substitute. The CWC frame makes a nice rugged foundation for a rat build, but they're not very uncommon and he's asking too much, IMHO.
Thanks Rustysprockets.
It's nice knowing I can post something here and you guys will know everything about it.
Thanks again.
Randall

Latest posts

Back