BLACKBIRD (Skylark Convertible)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ed!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

This is an unusually busy week for jazz here in our little town. Played the last two nights and also playing the next two nights. But I finally had a small window of time this afternoon to squeeze in some more work on the fender.

I did a little bit more shaping and sanding. The nice sharp edges had to be softened some to avoid issues with the mold later on. It was about ready for primer but then I had to wait on a rain shower to move through. Finally shot some black primer about an hour ago outside in the post rain Alabama steam bath.:whew:

The primer helps show all of the imperfections that will need to be fixed.
IMG_1032.JPG

Cool!!..man you're good with the art..quite the mesmerizing piece. Would be awesome on a bike..excellent work on the wing tip..can't wait to see the final result.
Molds are looking good
Thanks!
Marty Feldman eyes.
Correct! Good eye Lee. (pun intended):21:

Have been squeezing in a little body work this weekend. And when I say 'little', I really mean LITTLE !
The area between the base fender and the added wing tip had some gaps where the filler didn't get to initially so it required some very tedious small scale body work. There were also various tiny pin holes to fill.
close up.jpg

I added spot puddy and wet sanded it with a piece of sand paper smaller than a postage stamp!:43: Most of this was done while looking through a magnifying glass!
100_7005.jpg

This is after primer, spot putty, another coat of primer and another sanding session. I think it is almost ready for a final coat of polyester primer.
100_7001.JPG

100_7004.JPG

Made a couple of these 5' triangles today out of 3/4" conduit.
IMG_1043.JPG

Just a few more things to do to them before they are ready. Any guesses?:grin:
IMG_1041.JPG

This is something that I've been working out in my mind off and on for a while and I finally had that eureka moment this morning for the best way to do it!:banana:
More pics tomorrow, can't wait to share it with everyone!

Last edited:
Good guesses, but no correct ones yet. :)

@RustySprockets is getting warmer since they are not specifically for this bike. I believe others will find it useful also. The triangle was the key to the solution that I have been looking for. :nerd:

p9.jpg

Three is a magic number!:happy:

Latest posts

Back