• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

REDUCED Schwinn Collegiate w/ 3 Speed Sturmey Archer $160

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal blue Schwinn Collegiate was restored with all new parts. 1973 Sturmey Archer 36H 18T 3 Speed (rebuilt), Tektro brakes RT559, Sunrims CR18, vintage road style Velo Orange handlebars Schwalbe tires, puncture-proof inner tubes. Every bolt was changed, new spokes, Tektro brakes are quick release allowing for easy wheel removal, all new cables, new cable clamps, new chain, new seat, new pedals, almost everything was changed and upgraded.

IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG

GC7 would be...
G=Giant
C=5th or 6th week
7=last digit of the year

This numbering system started in '87...so it would be an '87 or '97... graphics narrow it down to '87.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just going by the Schwinn identification system on the internet. I really had no idea what year it was.

Hey world, thanks for the info. This bike was given to me from an amateur bike building buddy of mine. He found the frame cheap and went WAY overboard restoring it. I'd imagine the brakes and the rear hub are worth more than the asking price. He doesn't want it back, I can't keep it due to space limitations, so it's gotta go. Hopefully, someone in SoCal wants it. I don't even know how to ship a bike.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back