Where do yall get thos triple tree forks?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With what happened with my project; I need one to replace the suspension one I had.

...like effing seriously...?

All the bikes here and on the IG page, and not a single answer?

bicycledesigner.com

forks.jpg

...pretty much any place that has custom bike parts.

Maybe you should go with a mountain bike triple tree fork...should be some old caliper versions floating around out in the interwebs.

For custom/chopper bike forks, I doubt it...as they usually aren't meant to run the tire that close to the bottom yoke. You could buy/make/modify a fork brace to use as a caliper brake mount. Something like this...

2300465_A_V1.jpg

Easiest way would probably be to just get a third yoke and sand/grind off everything you don't need, and then drill your brake hole through it.

Jason

Could you remove the bottom race from the steer tube and make a bracket that is drilled in the center to slip over the tube and then drilled on the ends and bent to put the caliper mounting screw through?
Then slide the bottom race back on.

Just ‘brainstorming’.....
Good luck in your search for a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you should go with a mountain bike triple tree fork...should be some old caliper versions floating around out in the interwebs.

For custom/chopper bike forks, I doubt it...as they usually aren't meant to run the tire that close to the bottom yoke. You could buy/make/modify a fork brace to use as a caliper brake mount. Something like this...

View attachment 99652
Easiest way would probably be to just get a third yoke and sand/grind off everything you don't need, and then drill your brake hole through it.

Jason
That's what's on it; a fork from a .
Murray mtb that had 24" wheels. I wasn't a super responsive fork, so it rode pretty nice. I had that fork sitting around for years. If not; a chopper fork adjusted to run that low will hafta do, with a disc. There's no coaster on the bike, so it needs a front brake. As long as the 7stem will clear... of course I was thinking clip-ones. Measurments will need to be taken, then finding a new front wheel that takes a disc, and a caliper.

Latest posts

Back