Need some help with new fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW I had linked this thread to get opinions from the mountain bikers, and the consensus is that Monarch has screwed up on this. "Huge rotor mount? "...they have no idea. I can't imagine how many million disc hubs and mountain bike forks have been manufactured correctly according to the same standard. How many disc forks has Monarch put out there?

The dropouts really need to be flush to the inside of the fork leg instead of centered. Question...are the fork legs spaced to 100mm inside to inside where they mount at the crown?

Just had a look at this thread as I'm building similar style forks myself. Some images on the web have the rockers inside the fork legs, but that would mean you would need to spread the fork legs a bit to make the spacing 100mm between the rockers - probably the method I'll use.

Just had a look at this thread as I'm building similar style forks myself. Some images on the web have the rockers inside the fork legs, but that would mean you would need to spread the fork legs a bit to make the spacing 100mm between the rockers - probably the method I'll use.
If it is designed for the rockers to be outside the legs, the caliper spacing will go wrong by the thickness of the drop-out when moving them inboard. I suppose installing the calipers either way might answer some questions about how it goes together.

Solution:
Monark ii 2 forks with disc brake attachment do not fit disc wheels. Period.

Solution 2: you must stretch the forks properly and evenly. You must have made exact measurements, moved the metal tabs to the inside and then readjust again after you try attaching the disc caliper.

So if i were to do this again i would have just got a triple tree fork 1" threaded, or a drum wheel instead so i can plug and play, or sunlight delux that is designed for disc wheels. I have spent about $100 extra on different wheel and hub combos and hours of my life that i could have spent riding the bike and enjoying my beach bars. I can't recommend this fork if you want a disc break.

This is exactly what needed to be done.. with all the time and extra money spent. Along with monark telling me i'm using the wrong wheel. This was a major hassle. i literally could have bought a springer fork that works out of the box. Next time i'm just gonna use
Sunlite Deluxe 26" Springer Fork Replica and it should just work.

I have the Sunlite. It has similar issues, no magic fix for anything. But I got 8" disk to work. Your fork can be similarly conquered. Just need to gather a pile of spare nuts and washers to play with, till you find your spacing that works.

Do these people test fit anything they make for a bike, on a bike?

Latest posts

Back