MooN Raker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! My first bike (got it second hand probably in 1963) was a 24" version of yours. This is a very similar bike. I could ride 2 kids on the carrier. I think they all had squared fenders from all the pics I've seen.

40627304_2164299180482181_1979294433790656512_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a better picture of the frame out side .
Paint process for the frame . Fist I stripped & sanded some of the blue none OG paint off and exposed some bare metal. Then I primed it with army green primer . After that a couple of coats of vintage teal. I then sanded through the layers of paint exposing different colors and bare metal giving it a antique finish.
I’m calling this color , (Faded blue jeans. )
The tank was done with red primer & then Nutmeg paint . Then sanded and scuffed again to create another antique finish
I’m calling this color (worn leather)
View attachment 97438

Last edited:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Those forks have to be on everyone's wish list .

Yes I’m happy to have one I’ve had quit a few few different spinner forks and this is one of the smoothest and not to soft . The Evans has some great stile for sure .

Well this is what’s up
I painted the tank like the color. just not in this bike !’
So i stripped it back to the worn chrome .
I like the green OG chain guard so I will roll with that .
Some how I have to tie it in with the tank . I think i figured it out some yellow gold to match the guard !
Ya I like it now !!!
This is a Cadillac of 50s bikes
And she will be Treated that way ...
Except this is a Rat . More cool parts to come ....
Some action shots !!!!
IMG_3245.jpg
IMG_3243.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3258.jpg
IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3256.jpg
IMG_3260.jpg

Nice job on the tank striping, G! It ties in well with the fenders too, bare like that. This bike definitely has some unique qualities to it. I can see why you'd be 'taken with her'!
Is that seat post a stock item for this model? Very interesting.

Well this is what’s up
I painted the tank like the color. just not in this bike !’
So i stripped it back to the worn chrome .
I like the green OG chain guard so I will roll with that .
Some how I have to tie it in with the tank . I think i figured it out some yellow gold to match the guard !
Ya I like it now !!!
This is a Cadillac of 50s bikes
And she will be Treated that way ...
Except this is a Rat . More cool parts to come ....
Some action shots !!!!
View attachment 98030View attachment 98031View attachment 98032View attachment 98033View attachment 98034View attachment 98035View attachment 98036

Did you mask the entire tank than x-acto blade your shape out of that? I'd like to experiment.

Did you mask the entire tank than x-acto blade your shape out of that? I'd like to experiment.

No I taped off the dangers first then tape the existing area off . Sprayed the yellow first. After it dried I missed with the Burt copper .

Nice job on the tank striping, G! It ties in well with the fenders too, bare like that. This bike definitely has some unique qualities to it. I can see why you'd be 'taken with her'!
Is that seat post a stock item for this model? Very interesting.

No we made it a my friends shop . Not sure if I’m done with it yet . May add some more to it . There is some pictures in the early part of the thread if you want to check it out .

:inlove:

Latest posts

Back