Who has drums

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a few of these Worksman drum hubs and they just don't stop. Well Start with this one, I have front and rear drum, New cables and I used old school did compe long mtb levers. The cables are standard size. I won't even ride it, being a freewheel.
I kind of feel like the cables are stretching and I may need larger diameter cables and possibly moto levers. Anyone have these hubs stopping well?

Are the previously used or new? Clean the pads and lightly scuff the braking surfaces. That is if there is still pads inside? Also use a linear brake cable housing, they are a lot stiffer and not spongey like a coiled housing. Maybe play with different pull levers too.

I bought a used Worksman with a front drum brake that stops poorly, so I know what you mean. Seller had installed new brake lever and cable. I read that a long pull V-brake lever does not have the correct leverage for a drum brake. A caliper brake lever does. Have not tried it yet, missing the round to it . My go to lever for problems is the Avid Speed Dial .

Latest posts

Back