New automatic Schwinn serial number lookup tool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 97558 View attachment 97559 Thanks Deorman for responding, here is the photo of the bike and serial number.

April of 1983, at the end of Chicago production is my guess, going by the progression of this chart:
A is January, B is February, etc. The second letter denotes the year.

1972 - AH00000...
1973 - AJ00000...
1974 - AK00000...
1975 - AL00000...
1976 - AM00000...
1977 - AN00000...
1978 - AP00000...
1979 - AQ00000...
1980 - AR00000...
1981 - AS00000...
1982 - AT00000...

It's either a fair lady or Lil Chic, they are nearly the same. They don't have either in the 83 catalog, but the 82 catalog shows them. They may have been left out as Schwinn was closing shop in Chicago. The "U" is definitely a 1983 frame. If you can remove the pink repaint from the chain guard, the name may show through. However, your chain guard looks like an earlier version and the catalog shows no fender brace on the fenders. Either it was rebuilt or sold that way. The Lil Chick shows the same chain wheel as yours. The 82 models:
1982_schwinn_fairlady.jpg

1982_schwinn_55.jpg

Last edited:
Are you still doing this? Our bike is not vintage but we do have the serial number is there somewhere we can look this up? #P9JH22051

Are you still doing this? Our bike is not vintage but we do have the serial number is there somewhere we can look this up? #P9JH22051
Hi Cindi...a picture would help to get us in the ballpark. It follows Pacific serial number format, but that could be coincidental...if so the 2nd digit is year, but there is nothing to represent decade...so it could be 2009 or 2019 (possibly but not likely 1999) which is why pics are important.

Hello, my name is Patrick Sexton and I am the creator of schwinncruisers.com and I have exciting news. I have taken all the schwinn serial numbers from several databases and made a tool that automatically searches for it. This means you can enter a vintage (1948-1982) schwinn serial number and get info about when it was manufactured. It was a big job, and I am not through yet, but it currently works for most serial numbers that are 6 or 7 characters long. I entered literally thousands of entries into it to accomplish this and it has been weeks since I started.
I am wondering if some of you will try it out and let me know how it works for you so I can fix bugs in the code.

The tool is on the http://SchwinnCruisers.com homepage, top right hand side.

If you do try it and it works for your serial number, great!
If you try it and it doesn't work for your serial number, please let me know the serial number and I will check it out.
Remember, there is no such thing as complete records for Schwinn serial numbers, so not everyone's is going to work, but for a few million bikes, it will.
bike

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton
Hi Patrick,
I have a Schwinn Cruiser 7 speed bike with the following letters and numbers stamped on the underside of the bottom bracket:
SNTCA 07F00833
The bike has an aluminum frame with a steel fork. If you can find any information on this bike it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Hello, my name is Patrick Sexton and I am the creator of schwinncruisers.com and I have exciting news. I have taken all the schwinn serial numbers from several databases and made a tool that automatically searches for it. This means you can enter a vintage (1948-1982) schwinn serial number and get info about when it was manufactured. It was a big job, and I am not through yet, but it currently works for most serial numbers that are 6 or 7 characters long. I entered literally thousands of entries into it to accomplish this and it has been weeks since I started.
I am wondering if some of you will try it out and let me know how it works for you so I can fix bugs in the code.

If you try it and it doesn't work for your serial number, please let me know the serial number and I will check it out.
Remember, there is no such thing as complete records for Schwinn serial numbers, so not everyone's is going to work, but for a few million bikes, it will.

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton
I have a schwinn bike that I can find the records for. HAK04711 the 4 other numbers on the chicago bracket is 2788

Hi Patrick,
I have a Schwinn Cruiser 7 speed bike with the following letters and numbers stamped on the underside of the bottom bracket:
SNTCA 07F00833
The bike has an aluminum frame with a steel fork. If you can find any information on this bike it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry
That would be a 2007 May build. Provided by Pacific to big box stores. Made in China.

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton
Hello Patrick I have a beach cruiser schwinn ss ty70100277 I cannot find any where not number is stamped on crank it has all the right schwinn parts.schwinn logo in front has big letters can you help maximum overdrive

Hello Patrick I have a beach cruiser schwinn ss ty70100277 I cannot find any where not number is stamped on crank it has all the right schwinn parts.schwinn logo in front has big letters can you help maximum overdrive
Patrick hasn't been around since 2013

Sounds like a 1997 bike. Does it appear to have flat blade forks (that are actually tubular)?

Like this?
97-53.jpg

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton
Patrick, Have a Super Le Tour. On the drop out it shows 1100952 but the 2nd 1 also can look like a "I". I checked and find it is a 1957 year using 1100952 but Le Tour was not made yet. Can you help?

Patrick, Have a Super Le Tour. On the drop out it shows 1100952 but the 2nd 1 also can look like a "I". I checked and find it is a 1957 year using 1100952 but Le Tour was not made yet. Can you help?

Patrick isn't around anymore and hasn't been since 2013

There are plenty of other super knowledgeable folks that I'm sure will be along to help out

@RustyGold @Wildcat maybe

Any help on this serial number would be great. JAK11065. I tried the decoder and searched on line lists and I'm still unsuccessful. The "JAK" is confusing me and I'm still learning . I picked the bike up really cheap at a pawn shop thinking it was probably a repop or fake. Either way, just curious what I actually have. Thanks. View attachment 19685 View attachment 19684
This is giving off a repop vibe to me... Serial number up front, but doesn't fit the old Schwinn number sequence. The fork also looks pretty fat compared to an original...

Latest posts

Back