• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Crank Set for a 1950's Schwinn Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the bike build going for too long, need a crank set to get this on the road this summer. Let me know if you have one you want to part with.

Yes I would like a skip tooth, one thing that confuses me is the how would I match the rear sprocket?

Or is this a silly question because it just skips one tooth as the name suggests?

I saw a forum post recently where the bike owner was trying to run a skip tooth crank sprocket with a single tooth rear sprocket. The chain was too narrow to go over the teeth on the skip tooth sprocket.

Depeding on your age, you might consider what us ood guys do and run a front sprocket off a girls bike.

i'm guessing he either meant odd or old guys, maybe both :crazy:. a girls sprocket is smaller, giving a lower gearing = easier to pedal.

Latest posts

Back