How to Remove that Third Wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! So I've been working away at this trike build. You may have seen my post in the Intro section but will post again. So far I've been stripping the entire bike to get it ready for paint and have been removing rust on everything. It's been going well except for the fact that the last owner literally spraypainted everything without disassembly, so most parts are caked on. A Lil PB Blaster has been doing the trick. I am having issues, however, removing one of the wheels. I've taken plenty of wheels off a bike but a trike seems so much harder. I'll post pictures but can anyone point me in the right direction? It's probably so simple but I'm just missing it somehow.

The wheel itself spins and it looks threaded but how do I actually get the wheel off?​

I've checked for screw or pin and none to be found. It's def rusted on for sure. I've been soaking it with Penetrating Oil for a bit but still won't budge. Going to keep at it though. It's strange that the wheel itself spins but won't come off the axel.

Have access to a large gear puller?

like-otc-2-jaw-gear-puller-bearing-hub-no-1003

You might be able to borrow one from an auto supply store. Leave a deposit, use then return the tool, get your money back. Many offer a program like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back