39 BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok so I totally ditched my Mud Rat build off and going with this instead. I’ve always wanted to do a 26” BMX style bike out of an old frame and have gotten lots of inspiration so I’m doing it. Starting off with this 1939 CWC frame. Not using the tank. Bought it off a friend that lives 5 minutes away.
455306CF-5423-4AB0-812C-36BEF25F3F00.jpeg

I'm looking forward to seeing it come together. Mine is along that same line, BMX style, only using a tall frame Snyder.

I'm also building it BMX because it's a better ride for me than other options. The BMX bars give me a better riding position.

View attachment 97339 Completely sanded to bare metal and went over it with a wire brush wheel to make it shine a little. I think I’ll clear coat it gloss.
I didn't notices your just on the other side of the state from me.
I don't see how you get anything done in this heat wave were
having . I start before the sun comes up and burnt out by 10 .
Nice frame . I just can't find any vintage bikes around here
anymore .

I didn't notices your just on the other side of the state from me.
I don't see how you get anything done in this heat wave were
having . I start before the sun comes up and burnt out by 10 .
Nice frame . I just can't find any vintage bikes around here
anymore .
Yeah it’s insanely hot out now. I got this frame from a friend only 5 minutes away.

I hate the fact that when you clear coat a bare metal frame even if it's flat, satin or gloss clear that it always takes away the shine. I may leave it cleared or have it powder coated chrome or maybe even just spray paint it baby blue. Not sure yet.

use boiled Linseed oil, if you what to keep the bare metal shine. My Twin Bar has this done to it and it still has the shine to it after a year.
IMG_0734.JPG

Latest posts

Back