MooN Raker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put some wheel on this thing looks pretty good . They came off a phat cycle bike I had . The front wheel with the over size spoke ring matches this fork pretty well . I also like the black on black look .
My neighbor gave me the tires there 2.35 wide although they really don’t look it they give this old bike a little more than modern look.. Also This frame and fork Have a fairly wide space so putting a wider tire in here is no problem. I’m already in a little deep on this bike so buying new tires is out of the question these are going to have to work. View attachment 94667View attachment 94669

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking good!!

Somehow I'm thinking 'shiny' on this one G. Bond always had his Aston Martin shined to perfection! Some metallic overspray (or under coat) would be cool....kind of a 'galaxy' look to it.

I just thought of something. Last year you built a 'Skylark' and now you are building another sky / space related bike.
**OJ's ADHD just kicked in** :bigsmile:
Ya a bit of a galaxy theme is what I’m leaning towards also. A mix of old and new some shine and some age .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wheels and tires look great on there!

Looking killer! Bike has a nice flow to it. Rack makes it look fast and the fork is sweet.

Thanks guys I really love the look of this bike . This year build off.
for me was finding a bike and then putting a cool fork on it ,because I’m all about those vintage springer forks . Just so happens I got lucky and found A awesome package deal with this bike. This bike came up for sale and basically sold the first day and I didn’t catch it in time. Well the deal fell through and a couple weeks later the guy messaged me back and said hey that bike still for sale. So I knew I had to jump on the deal and this was the bike for me to build this year. I wanted something that would be not a major project but I could put my own spin on . My Job is just to demanding and I like to play on my free time .So I needed something with a wow factor right off the bat. I think this bike is got it. So with a few more cool custom parts & a ratified paint job this thing might just turn into be a pretty cool ride .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice work Madd Matt!!! Moving fast and looking bad! I think those tires are right for the build so far. That bike is a great starting point for you to work you magic on it. Build on brother!

Nice work Madd Matt!!! Moving fast and looking bad! I think those tires are right for the build so far. That bike is a great starting point for you to work you magic on it. Build on brother!

Thanks brother just need to dig deep into the bag of tricks and pull out the wooooo factor.
Cus were going to outer space with this one ...
IMG_3012.jpg

Absolutely adore this Evans model, most definitely on my to own list ! Can't to see more of yours :rockout:

I got a old chain out the parts box made it the right length and pooped a new master link on . Then it was time to take the Evans Moon Raker for a ride . Not to bad for old grease in all the parts . Once I break it down all every thing will be cleaned and new grease applied including the hubs.
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg

Still need to make a new chain guard bracket & head light mount .

I got a old chain out the parts box made it the right length and pooped a new master link on . Then it was time to take the Evans Moon Raker for a ride . Not to bad for old grease in all the parts . Once I break it down all every thing will be cleaned and new grease applied including the hubs. View attachment 95916View attachment 95917
Nice.

I got a old chain out the parts box made it the right length and pooped a new master link on . Then it was time to take the Evans Moon Raker for a ride . Not to bad for old grease in all the parts . Once I break it down all every thing will be cleaned and new grease applied including the hubs. View attachment 95916View attachment 95917

That is one cool bike! I really love the rear rack and how it curves with the flow of the fender! Not sure I've seen a rack like that before.
For a fella, you've got a real nice rack! :)

I’d like to start by sayingThank a veteran happy memorial day.
I went down to my old buddy Ed the Welder shop . Some of you old timers know the name. Ed is a Vietnam Vet . He was a submarine engineer in the Engine room.
He was paralyzed from the waist down but he didn’t let that slow him down . Ed is one heck of a welder and has a awesome shop. The shop is more mental therapy than it is for money he loves to help people and loves to work with metal . God bless America !!!
So today was about fabricating a laid-back see post for the Evans , putting a tab to bolt the chain guard to . Welding up a few miscellaneous holes in the frame. Also making a head light bracket. Here are a few pics of today’s work ,,,and once again thank a veteran !!!
IMG_3120.jpg
IMG_3128.jpg
IMG_3125.jpg
IMG_3127.jpg
IMG_3131.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg
IMG_3134.jpg
IMG_3136.jpg
IMG_3135.jpg
Happy memorial day !!!!

I’d like to start by sayingThank a veteran happy memorial day.
I went down to my old buddy Ed the Welder shop . Some of you old timers know the name. Ed is a Vietnam Vet . He was a submarine engineer in the Engine room.
He was paralyzed from the waist down but he didn’t let that slow him down . Ed is one heck of a welder and has a awesome shop. The shop is more mental therapy than it is for money he loves to help people and loves to work with metal . God bless America !!!
So today was about fabricating a laid-back see post for the Evans , putting a tab to bolt the chain guard to . Welding up a few miscellaneous holes in the frame. Also making a head light bracket. Here are a few pics of today’s work ,,,and once again thank a veteran !!!View attachment 96323View attachment 96324View attachment 96325View attachment 96326View attachment 96327View attachment 96328View attachment 96329View attachment 96330View attachment 96331.
Happy memorial day !!!!

Some good stuff going on there :thumbsup:

Time for a snap shot.
Life is busy and haven’t been too good about being up to date with things . So ive been cleaning and paint parts . Most of my builds tend to evolve as they go . I kinda get a over all Idea & roll with it .
Between some good tunes , sweat , a few cold beers and some surfing the inter webs the bike starts to come alive . This one will also get one of my PhoRatiC paint jobs .
Any way it’s getting late and the Bruins are playing!
Pics do the talking.
IMG_3166.jpg
IMG_3169.jpg
IMG_3170.jpg
IMG_3171.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg

Last edited:
Paint looks killer !

Latest posts