YF / NTS Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking the look of that jig! :thumbsup:

It's coming together.
IMG_20190512_144012.jpg

Will have optional wheels soon.
IMG_20190512_152124.jpg

Very nice! I like the flip over legs so it doesn't roll on the table!
Where did you get your fixtures from?
I got the tube centers from a friend who has done a lot of work pipe-fitting. Hopefully the will work out as I hope.

I probably won't use the littler ones, they have a double pitch on the 1/2-13 thread. 13 rotations is 2" instead of the normal 1". I can't extend them longer without a custom coupler and hard to find all double pitch all thread. One has a level in it, which would have been perfect for bottom brackets.

Pivot is from a cheap blown out hydraulic floor jack. Pins with tight clearances will help to ensure the head tube is square.

Last edited:
cant wait to see what will be built on that jig. wish i had the patience and place to build one of those jigs :thumbsup:

This is some heavy duty work on your jig. Has the desert heat kicked in yet? You are definitely putting your engineering skills to work here!
Hehe, yes it is heavy. :happy: I suspect it will have other uses applied as well, paint stand??. Glad to have had time todo it last weekend. Things can get pretty hectic from time to time.

You are right that the heat is just starting to kick in. I have ways to stay cool when needed. The garage has a swamp cooler on it if it gets too hot to weld on the side yard.

cant wait to see what will be built on that jig. wish i had the patience and place to build one of those jigs :thumbsup:
Materials were in hand, and I will need to square the two sides up after I bend them.

Thinking though the bends,. Bend the loop tail, bend the stays offset out, curve seat stay, bend up to top bar, curve top bar, curve down tube. From there the jig will be required to square it all up as they get joined together in places. Bend and cut the lower bars.
Hehe

Latest posts

Back