• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rat trap fork - FOUND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The bent springer for on my ‘57 Colombia is too raked for my liking. I’m thinking a rat trap fork might be better? I still want some rake but something a little easier to ride then the bent springer. Anyone have one available? Doesn’t have to be pretty but does have to function. I’m not really sure how much they go for either. Thanks!

Last edited:
These popup frequently https://www.ebay.com/itm/264272408477?ul_noapp=true
Good condition and has all the correct hardware. Worth it if there's 1 bid.
They're great forks. They get smoother the more they're ridden.

Always check for size. They come in 24'', 26'' and for small wheels

I did see that one! Thanks! How do they ride with the lower brackets flipped to extend the fork some? I have a bent springer fork and love the look but don’t love the ride.

Not good, twitchy. Can't take both hands off the bars anymore. Flipped for show mostly.

Ahh ok! Thanks for the info! That’s exactly how my bent fork is. My bars don’t help much either lol.
C2E989B8-A343-494B-8738-258DFF209134.jpeg

Have patience. They'll be plenty more;)

What's wrong with the ride?
Ok! Will do!

Exactly how you described your flipped rat trap fork but I’m assuming mines worse as it extends pretty far. I mean as long as you keep both hands on the bars you’re fine lol.

I like the look of the rat trap fork and I’d like to try it extended as I like the look but if it’s no different then what mine feels like now then I can always flip it back to stock and ride it that way.

Great fork, had one on my first ratrod.

Other than the twitchy steering (which I got used to pretty quickly), do be careful when going over big bumps.

When you flip the rockers, it increases the arc of the springer, thereby causing more travel on the spring. There have been reports of the tire (under load) hitting the bottom of the fork bridge, causing endos.

It never happened to me personally, but I also try to avoid big bumps.
Also, you are limited to a 26 x 2.125 tire with that fork.
Mine with the rockers flipped.
536e73788f6b76d537f101a0324e3ac5.jpg

Good luck with your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back