Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1" clamps?
a1b2bfc1ebdb91eebb9479ae5830b901.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Now all you need is a picatinny rail so we can scope out your build...

I've got a tobacco burst, paulownia Telecaster body on order, and I've sourced some shell pink to go over it for a faux relic'ed paint over...

Oh wait... that's my other awesome hobby!
I've got spokes on the way...

Carl.
Hey Carl, that Tele project sounds cool. I'd like to see some of the process / results.

Chillin' with some of the Taildraggers talkin' about the buildoff. We're coming...lol
fde6dd5c21d9047e7a94caad76b3e807.jpg

Me n' @Pookie42
a5806c0b70d42369a6088b64c95172c6.jpg
4352ca86a04c42ccec1e8947926ae2e9.jpg

@Skipton rode 45+ miles from Chicago to Aurora, then rode with us. The last bike is his, understand it's not exactly a road bike either bro. Chicago Taildraggers roll.

Last edited:
So I've got a question about class 1. Is it limited to simple, basic bolt on mods and very minor frame mods only, with no welding? Could i do a So-Cal stretch, like bolt on the back half of one bike to another frame? What about hammer forging a frame tank insert?

Last edited:
Preparatory Shopping List:

#0000 Steel Wool
WD-40
Degreaser
Rag Pack
Gloves
Look at Paint Options

TEN DAYS...10 Days to go!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I've got a question about class 1. Is it limited to simple, basic bolt on mods and very minor frame mods only, with no welding? Could i do a So-Cal stretch, like bolt on the back half of one bike to another frame? What about hammer forging a frame tank insert?
Bolt on is fine, stretches have been done in the past. If your tank insert is bolt on you are all good.

Preparatory Shopping List:

#0000 Steel Wool
WD-40
Degreaser
Rag Pack
Gloves
Look at Paint Options

TEN DAYS...10 Days to go!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The basics, the stuff I always seem to run short of...Sandman’s add ons are good ideas also.
27361e37c849cea8d45a1b6f7318c246.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been gathering and working on stuff to do work with.

View attachment 93099

(Even did my own welding @LukeTheJoker! :rockout:)
Do I spy the beginnings of a jig with those BB cups? Certainly looks like custom forks are coming!
1" O.D. 18 gauge .049 thickness.
Today I ordered a 100mm Bottom bracket, 200mm steer tube and a 600mm head tube for the build off this year.

Still noodling on what it will look like in between. Initial vision is a stretched double bar twin looptail.
Loving the amount of Class 2 entries that are going to happen!

Today I ordered a 100mm Bottom bracket, 200mm steer tube and a 600mm head tube for the build off this year.

Still noodling on what it will look like in between. Initial vision is a stretched double bar twin looptail.
100mm BB. You need to add "fat" to your 'initial vision' statement!
Mo fatta, mo betta~! @kingfish254

Latest posts

Back