Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered my FRONT ONLY shirt, so everyone can stop losing their minds. My comment about the price was more a reflection on me than Steve. I understand certain circumstances drive up the price, but I'm kind of a basic guy that sees the end product and the hole in my wallet and shakes my head. A lot of T-shirt and clothing prices have just gone off the charts stupid lately. When Performance Bike went out of business I grabbed a rack full of SE Racing clothes at 90% off and sold them on the BMX Museum forum for what I paid for them. $70 for a hoodie and $30 for a T shirt is too much, in my opinion. Then again, anything over $10 is too much to pay for a pair of Chucks, but that doesn't seem to keep people from buying them.

...and in preparation for the 14th annual Bicycle Build Off, Gerty and Tom have been in deep discussion. The Grease Slapper has been rode hard and put away wet more often than not. Only time will tell, if Gerty and the mild mannered and all around "Good Guy" Tom Slick, will be able to compete with the builders at Rat Rod Bikes. What direction is Gerty going to go with the build, and where is Marigold? Stay tuned...

Merle.

Next lot of parts came in for my build:

IMG_20190418_143313604.jpg

I could have made my own but these were so cheap including postage it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

Still waiting on some more bearings to come in and I should be set to go!

View attachment 92863

I could have made my own but these were so cheap including postage it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

Can I ask what these are . I always been told , No such thing as a stupid question ?

Can I ask what these are . I always been told , No such thing as a stupid question ?
;) If I told you, it would give my build away, tune in when the build-off starts!

...and in preparation for the 14th annual Bicycle Build Off, Gerty and Tom have been in deep discussion. The Grease Slapper has been rode hard and put away wet more often than not. Only time will tell, if Gerty and the mild mannered and all around "Good Guy" Tom Slick, will be able to compete with the builders at Rat Rod Bikes. What direction is Gerty going to go with the build, and where is Marigold? Stay tuned...

Merle.
You've already roped me in before it has even started. The narration should make for a fun build thread!

View attachment 92863

Custom shift linkages for a 10 speed stick shift? [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like we have the same train of thought.
:13: I already know we have another similar part, going to be interesting to see what we come up with!
:eek:

Looks to me like axles and pivot bearings, possibly akerman steering for a ratpole trike? (that would be a rat-ified tadpole). A rear-steer Granny Grocery Getter? Low-boy Dutch-boy cargo? Endless possibilities...
:bandit:
Custom shift linkages for a 10 speed stick shift? [emoji16]
:39:

Anyone else got some interesting parts to share? See if we can figure out what is going on? :nerd:

:13: I already know we have another similar part, going to be interesting to see what we come up with!

Anyone else got some interesting parts to share? See if we can figure out what is going on? :nerd:

fb7b436d7139697bb07c96eee372c7c6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still haven't settled on a theme, other than something to do with rust and junk. Probably call it the Rustliner or maybe the Junkliner. [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back