the dutch flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice .... Vunderbart ... I think LOL

Hey the Brown is Awsome.

The Saddle is a very Good choice. Looks very OLD/ VIntage ... Spot On . It is better choice also because of the rairity factor & the fact it looks comfortable to boot. I was gona sugest ANYTHING Brooks in honey till I saw your choice..

I like the springer ... I like the Orignal springers better than the aftermarket models ... not 4 looks but rather 4 the way they ride. The older origanals with the rear pick up point 4 the bottom bolt rather than piviting in the center of the legs like the copys. .. They both seem to get that old timey look across BUT the early, rear pick up tupe of forks seem 2 have a different , more user friendly feel / ride to them. Different geomerty I think.

A nice 3 pc. crank will look great, but 4 me personal taste I think a n vintage set of crank arms & a sweetheart OR anythins Skip tooth would look more pertod corect . Just my opinion. It's gona look GREAT however you decide to finnish it.

Send me your old chrome fork & I will strip the chrome off it ( Acid Bath ) & if you like make Truss rods 4 that front end out of small block Chevy Push rod tubing. 4130 Chrome molly . It polishises up real shinny. No need to have chromed ya no. Wipe er down with wd 40 and wala ... it will nener rust. You can paint the fork. If you have any Questions ask Kaffer @ Collage cycle ... he will vouch 4 me.

OK , here goes .. Click Click .... Radatadatatatatadatatadatadatadatatat .. Datadatadadatadat .. click click LOL
YIPPY , WAhooo , Yeahaw ..... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Much better now

In my opinion your bike MORE than Excides the Spirit or meaning or Rat BikeIsim .... Cool , a new word lol.

Well done , Ata Boy & carry on Soldier .

Wingman Leader ... Back to Base ....... OUT

Hey guys, thanks for the positive vibe!
This board is just so nice!

I'm still tinkering with the bike now and then. I've been busy lately,
The rear hub is giving me trouble, It has huge amounts of play, and I can't seem to get rid of it. (frankly, I don't know where to start. It seems rather complicated)
Anyway, maybe my lbs can help me. Or imma start dumpsterdiving.
After that first ride in september, I rode it twice. But the hub is spoiling all the fun now. clunk clunk thud whiggle whiggle..

Im looking for a fitting solution to a crankset, something which looks more or less period correct and fits the overal looks of the bike.
For now, I'll just have to do with this ...... 1 piece which sounds like 2 millstones grinding. :lol:
Also thinking about striping it. Don't have a any fixed design idea's yet, but I'm thinking about laying down some simple stripes along the tubes of the frame.
I already tryed with removable marker. But if anyone has some nice idea's or designs. Give me a holler.

Since wingman and some others liked the saddle so much...

pbpic2614970.jpg

the saddle is 'Wunderbar' ( I think you meant that with 'vunderbart') But that is what my neighbours from the country next door would say.
Although I speak german it's not the native language of the dutch or mine. Although linked to eachother in many ways dutch is a different language.
But enough about the flatlands, on to the bikes.

I'll be looking into some 'clubman bars' next monday, see if they fit and look the bizz.

Hello,

How did you paint the stearing wheel? (Stuur)
With some acid primer? (ets primer)

Great bike by the way!
Its not a Sparta Bullet i think.
Doesnt that have a different mount for the chainguard at the crank?

Greatings,

Daniel

I just sanded down the bars to bare metal, put some primer on there and then a couple of layers of sprai-paint.
But it didnt held up that well, so I tossed the black bars aside.
Maybe for another build in the future.

pbpic2867073.jpg

pbpic2867079.jpg

pbpic2867076.jpg

Why is this the first time I'm seeing this bike? It's first class beautiful.

I do have a couple questions of course. Is that a middle weight frame? How tight was the Fat Frank in the rear?

nice and clean ride, I like it even though I'm no big fan of brown
you can save a lot of time when covering the spokes for painting the rims by using straws. just make a cut so you can clamp them over the spokes and you just need a small piece of tape to keep them in place ;)

Hi there Jaspel,

Beautiful bike! The coaster brake hubs are not very difficult to service if you are mechanically inclined at all. I'm 15 years old and I have no problem, so they can be fixed. It looks to me like you have a Komet Super coaster brake hub- is that correct? (There should be Komet Super scripted on the hub shell and brake arm if so). Komet Supers are very easy to repair, and are simple enough in principle. It would seem to me, based on your problem description, that the issue is wheel shake? That the rear wheel is loose at the hub? Have you tried tightening the cone/nut adjusters? That usually is the simple solution to a shaky hub. The cone adjusters are the inner axle nuts that hold the hub on the axle- not the outer nuts that hold the hub/wheel to the frame. Usually a shaky hub is fixed by tightening or adjusting them just right, so that the wheel turns freely but does not shake or full of play at the hub. If you've tried this, and the hub still has play, you could have bad bearings or other internal parts- luckily, most coaster brake hubs are easily fixed and parts are easily found on eBay for a hub like a Komet... Best of luck.

I really like the combination of parts on this bike.

Latest posts

Back