Pre war bike I'd help.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out what brand and year this bike is ? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190222-113537_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190222-113537_OfferUp.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 192
The "lug" where the top tube meets the seat tube makes me thing it's a Snyder built bike. The forks look like they're from some sort of lightweight, maybe Schwinn? The crank and sprocket look like Schwinn also.

The "lug" where the top tube meets the seat tube makes me thing it's a Snyder built bike. The forks look like they're from some sort of lightweight, maybe Schwinn? The crank and sprocket look like Schwinn also.
Thanks SSG. I think the crank and wheel are not right. The top part of the bike might be correct. O will search Synder to see what I can find. Thanks

The exact year is difficult for 1930's Snyder bikes (1936-39?). Some differences between years may be deduced by the style of seat post clamping, and provisions (or lack thereof) for a drop stand.
The serial number (actually letter) may include a combined date/place code, but there is no consensus on that.
Without original piece-parts, e.g., badge or skip-tooth chain ring, it would be difficult to determine which price-model or store sold the bike that the frame was a part of. That may be a good thing, as one may prefer Harris over Hardware stores' badges or chain rings, or vice versa.
[Not sure if Montgomery Wards had a Camel back at that time].
http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle194
A "Club Deluxe" (e.g., V-23D or K-23D) would come with a tank & truss fork. Banana tanks are hard to find; forks would have been fat, triple-plate crown style.
The rear rack looks moped(?); 1930's bike may have had a "semi-streamlined" rack (also, known as egg-crate style).

Last edited:
Thanks SSG and Phil.
I really appreciate your help. A guy here locally has it and is asking $180. I thought it would make a cool custom.

Latest posts

Back