Higgins Goes the Distance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EB,

I think this turned out great - the only change I might consider is a 10 speed type goose neck. One that is angled prallel to the ground. It would give it that racy look and well it already has the ratty l 8) 8) k!

Jeo

Thanks Joe.It was bothering me to.When I asked around here everyone said leave it.I think I have a stem with more of a acute angle to it.If my hub doesn't show tommorow I'll try it out.

Thanks.Got some pics of the weekend details.
081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

Thanks guys.My Nexus 7 finally showed and I ran out to get spokes.Should be laced up soon if all goes well.

Got her laced.
007.jpg

Was more of a chore than the front because the hub was so heavy.Had to fix a few spokes after pic.Tightened it up and got it pretty true(not perfect).
I dropped it in the bike and it felt like dropping in a big block.Looks great.Changes the whole tail end.Looks like it could twist the stays off. :mrgreen:
I tried to take pics but the light was garbage.Will post some as soon as I can take a decent one.
I have to find a thumb shifter A.because I want to make a suicide shift B.The twist shift is to narrow for these bars
I had an adjustable gooseneck I was going to throw on but it was to wide for the fork.Ordered a luck 7 type seat post today also.
Getting close. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.Lacing seemed scary to me too.Rat rod's tutorial is great tho'.Truing is the thing that takes the practice.

Got some pics with the rear in.
033-1.jpg

BLSM's photoshop sold me on black tape so I scooped a roll and went to town.Thanks for that bro'. :D
034-1.jpg

Nexus rolls super smooth.Gotta get this shifter worked out.
035-1.jpg

Again thanks for the tips and comments. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man this bike is looking great. I am enjoying watching it come together. I love that seat but I do think it might be a bit too ratty for this bike. Just my 2 cents worth so I hope not to offend you.

Latest posts

Back