The stupidest 10 speed in the world.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red Panasonic 10 speed with a tall frame
List of mods include
rear brake removal
front derailleur removal
large comfort seat
small chainring removal
covered in duct tape and then stickerbombed
IMG_20181230_144229993.jpg

I'm envious of your availability of old 10 speeds.
Me too a little. There is something uniquely satisfying pulling one out of an old shed or basement though. I like getting the stories...who's bike it was and where it's been. It's also a treat to rehab an old bike and send the pictures back to the folks you got it from. I'm glad there are bike co-ops and I'm glad there are treasures out there to be found.

Meh, its not too bad. From what I gather most of these bikes you see are at your co-op, which usually means donated. A lot of folks don't know how, or care how to properly fix a bike. Rear wheel may have wobble causing brake rub, or the cable broke. No know how or funds? Remove the rear brake. Can't stand that road saddle? Here's a cruiser one. Front shifting not working? Ditch it. A lot of my buddies rode bikes in similar disarray in our early 20's.

(snip...) I like getting the stories...who's bike it was and where it's been. It's also a treat to rehab an old bike and send the pictures back to the folks you got it from. (snip)

I have done this a number of times. In my experience, they generally get a big kick out of seeing it all cleaned up.

Latest posts

Back