First monark and already stumped

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just recently picked up a monark spartan and some of the serial #'s are blurred. what i can read is 1H3***05 does this help on figuring a year? thanks!

I'm really late to this one but I have a similar Spartan I've been looking for info on. All I know is that it should be a Huffy built Monark. Would really like to know the year. Thanks
IMG_4685.JPG

That one is Huffy made also, the chainwheel is clearly Huffy. Find the serial number and you'll have the year. 1H is 1961 as shown above, the number before the H is the last digit of the year. 9H would be 1959 or 1969, etc. My guess is yours is late 50's or early 60's. Here's a 59 Huffy Thunderbird:
26052702811_a2502f1704_h.jpg

Last edited:
That one is Huffy made also, the chainwheel is clearly Huffy. Find the serial number and you'll have the year. 1H is 1961 as shown above, the number before the H is the last digit of the year. 9H would be 1959 or 1969, etc. My guess is yours is late 50's or early 60's.
Thanks for the info. Ive got a couple other bikes to finish before I tackle this one. Really looking forward to it since I want to restore it and Ive never done a restoration.

Latest posts

Back