2018 SCHWINN APPLE KRATE - ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just a heads up to let everyone know that Schwinn just opened preorders of their new 2018 50th Anniversary Schwinn Apple Krates.

CLICK HERE TO PREORDER

91ddqhUbrnL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The link isn't working for me
Found it. Looks like they already sold out

If I remember correctly, it seems like this happened with the Lemon Peelers on Amazon. I thought I remember people checking Amazon and more becoming available a day or two later. Almost like they didn't put the full 500 out there at one time.

If that's not the case this time...those suckers blew out FAST!

I like how the shocks are already sagging. Nice attention to detail. Can we be frank? This thing is horrible compared to a real Apple Krate.

Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving.

furyus

I will say if someone has expectations that these bikes will be built to the exact specifications as a Chicago built bike of the 1960s....all for $500, then yes, they'll be disappointed. I see these as just retro inspired bikes for people to goof around on or for their kids to ride. They tend to look better in person than they do in these photos they put out.

I often wonder what would happen if Schwinn did make an exact replica of the original bikes. They'd probably have to price them at $2500 and then everyone would moan about the price being too high.

Whatever the case, they blew through 500 bikes in a matter of 2-3 hours so someone out there was excited about them. :)

I like how the shocks are dont you get it,its not suppose 2b a 68 apple kratealready sagging. Nice attention to detail. Can we be frank? This thing is horrible compared to a real Apple Krate.

Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving.

furyus

Apparently they didn't sell out, or release them all the first day. They are back up and available right now!

I had a feeling that they didn't blow through all 500 that quickly...especially at that price point. I'm not sure whether Schwinn or Amazon controls the inventory once they are listed, but I've seen this happen before in the past.

I will say if someone has expectations that these bikes will be built to the exact specifications as a Chicago built bike of the 1960s....all for $500, then yes, they'll be disappointed. I see these as just retro inspired bikes for people to goof around on or for their kids to ride. They tend to look better in person than they do in these photos they put out.

I often wonder what would happen if Schwinn did make an exact replica of the original bikes. They'd probably have to price them at $2500 and then everyone would moan about the price being too high.

Whatever the case, they blew through 500 bikes in a matter of 2-3 hours so someone out there was excited about them. :)

Amen! I have a 2017 Grey Ghost; its fun to cruise and a neat contrast to my O.G. Schwinns.

Latest posts

Back