columbia ladies flipped

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just picked this up for 80$
35764376824_34a1ed8d7d_b.jpg

I am going to flip the frame to give it a mens tanker look
But I will be attempting this using a method that shouldn't require any welding or cutting of the frame
and leave this bike as OG as possible

Forks look slightly bent, be a good time to straighten them! I've done a few flips. They turned out to be the most comfortable bikes I've ridden. Looking forward to see this old lady flipped.

Forks look slightly bent, be a good time to straighten them!

KOTA, Yesterday at 9:07 PM

Kota the man who has a bent fork named after him is telling me to straighten mine

huh weird

well I can check that off the list
35810546773_7472cf836a_b.jpg

dont know how many pics of re bending forks still exist
but here ended up being my method
35810547183_df0533e057_b.jpg

put the fork under the vise jaws and used a long bar (in this case a floor jack handle)
and muscle them into shape
yes I did it with the forks protected with a towel (just took it off for the pic)

Last edited:
Kinda felt weird telling someone to straighten a fork........I've seen a few of that model on CL here, and the first thing I thought of was a flip. I'm glad your doing one. Saves me the trouble, of seeing what it will look like. You're going to like the pedal forward when your done. The ones I've ridden were just as comfortable as my Electra Townie.....Fenders?

No progress to report just letting anyone who has watching this build know I am having more trouble than expected finding a cheap/free vintage frame to cut up for this build
plus I saw that the WBO theme is vintage builds (and scratch built) this time
So i may hold off until then and enter this bike

Kinda felt weird telling someone to straighten a fork........I've seen a few of that model on CL here, and the first thing I thought of was a flip. I'm glad your doing one. Saves me the trouble, of seeing what it will look like. You're going to like the pedal forward when your done. The ones I've ridden were just as comfortable as my Electra Townie.....Fenders?

KOTA, Aug 16, 2017

Hard to say how much i will like the forward pedals just because i am on the shorter size
I tend to like riding 24" bikes

as for fenders normally I do not use them but I am trying to keep it as original as possible

Latest posts

Back