Dyno Glide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. A few years ago now my wife brought me this bike after I said I liked it at a vintage festival. It was a great surprise. I ride it every now and again but mostly it sits in the shed. I don’t know much about it. Could anyone on hear tell me more about it please. Also I am wondering if I need to get it insured. Would appreciate any info. Seems you all have a wealth of knowledge.
upload_2018-9-15_7-51-4.jpeg

upload_2018-9-15_7-50-9.jpeg

upload_2018-9-15_7-49-35.jpeg

upload_2018-9-15_7-47-21.jpeg

I found one like that and brought it back to life. Same taxi paint scheme. Mine was missing the seat and handlebars. Yours is all there and original. It's one of the first Dyno cruisers, made 95-97. My serial number had a 97 at the start, so I'm fairly sure it was an early one. They are nice cruisers and worth at least a couple hundred, maybe more in good condition like yours.
48893_48dcd0f6f88cdd52e5e6c06011b10922.jpg

52846_06edffbc7d5ad36505f68d49097a1c52.jpg

A late 1990's beach cruiser, made in Taiwan, for a company in So. Calif.
At that time in history, maybe still today, there was a big difference between the quality of bikes made in Taiwan, versus China, (or even the U.S.).
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?posts/1071473/
So they are quality bikes, in the retro cantilever frame style, (longer frames so one's toes will not kick the front tire; yet not so tall 18" frames, for those who like to put both feet down).
Your 20-year old bike may have limited collector value (according to that other website), but it is in great condition, all the original parts are there, (including saddle/seat and two-tone grips). It was a base model, without fenders, but chrome or black fenders are available from Wald, if desired. So people are still saving these in their original boxes which come up for sale time to time, (the bikes that is, not just boxes). https://www.ebay.com/itm/283104555576

Last edited:
I agree with the price. $200.- to $250.- and the year. That one looks like a GT Dyno. Not the later Kustom Kruiser. The Decal in place of the head badge is an earlier edition. They ride nice. Components were bmx quality. The Dyno’s are still my favorite bikes to ride. Nice bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoy it! A bike like that that should be ridden and enjoyed. The value is anywhere where from 150 to 250 depending on where it is located and how badly a seller wants to sell. I bought 2 really nice Dynos for 120 and 140 respectively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back