I need some info on Sissy Bars, Banana Seat, Backrest & Shocks?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a few Question's that I Hope you Guys can all help me out, on here.

What I want to do, is fit a Banana Seat onto a 26" Dyno Roadster Bike, with a Sissy Bar, Backrest, with Shock Absorbers?

Are these Shock Abosorbers inter-changeable, can I take them off a shorter Sissy Bar, & put it onto a Taller Sissy Bar, would it fit?

The other things that I would like to do, is add a Backrest to match my Banana Seat, is this hard put it all together, ore does this sound like I would have too much going on, on the back of my Future Kustom Bike Project?

If there is any other idea's, info & knowledge that can pass on, that will be a Great Help?

I used to ride a similar setup, but without shocks. I believe they are not inter-changable, since the normal sissy-bars have flat ends where the shocks are supposed to be, but probably with a bit of engineering you may do so.
Backrest is possible to add, but then i'd not put it too high, considering the crank-forward sitting position it may not end up comfortable. But the low one would surely be cozy to use, since you always lean against the sissy-bar because of the bike geometry.

Sissy shocks are probably not directly interchangeable, but likely would not be much of a challenge to modify. Most are a simple spring, pinned to the bar top and bottom. Some are exposed, others concealed in tubes, but all are pretty simple in their construction.

Just an opinion, but talent may play an especially large role when it comes to upholstery work. For some folks, stunning results come easy. For others, the result looks bad no matter how hard they try. I just dabble, but have been happy with the outcome--I'm no Black Monarch. I'd encourage you to watch some videos and try your hand at making a simple project...it's the best way to know if you've got "the touch."

Get a long enough banana seat to start with. Most of them on the market are sized for 20" bike and look very short on a 26.

Upholstering them without folds is not easy.

Let see what youre considering or already have.

Latest posts

Back