What parts do you always seem to need?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...since I'm into bmx cruisers and klunkers...it is forks. Vintage chromoly forks are hard to locate, and when you do...they are usually stupid expensive. Modern chromoly forks rarely look 'right' (too big of tubes, tapered tubes, etc), and are spendy. There are a couple modern forks that look good and are only somewhat expensive...but, then you end up with landing gear or GBP forks on nearly every bike :wondering:.

First world problems!
Jason

Bmx style straight tube 26" fork.
I agreee the modern forks just don't look right. Weather it's the drop outs or the tube size I don't know they just don't do it for me.
I'd like to try a gbp fork they look good.
I took an akisu slash cut for off an old earth cruiser. it looked great and rode
Great on a lot of frames I tried it on before finally leaving it on my m2600 frame.
I have a slightly newer one and it just doesn't look the same. Tubing is a little larger diameter, and the slash cut is all funky looking compared to the old one but even that looks better than a lot of them.

Well...since I'm into bmx cruisers and klunkers...it is forks. Vintage chromoly forks are hard to locate, and when you do...they are usually stupid expensive. Modern chromoly forks rarely look 'right' (too big of tubes, tapered tubes, etc), and are spendy. There are a couple modern forks that look good and are only somewhat expensive...but, then you end up with landing gear or GBP forks on nearly every bike :wondering:.

First world problems!
Jason

Bassett has a good looking fork................

index.php

Bassett has a good looking fork................

index.php
I was all set to buy three sets of bars from Bassett...emailed, no response. Waited a couple weeks, emailed...no response. So...I assume they don't want to sell to me :wondering:.

Also...can't seemed to find reasonably priced B72, B66, or B67 saddles :shake:

Jason

Headset washers/spacers. Got tired of always looking, ordered a bag of 75, 1mm.
3/8 x 24 tpi axle nuts, for coaster hubs.
3/8 axles with slotted sides for old style forks.
13/16 long (15 inch) seatposts that don't bend.
single speed chains.

I've kind of adopted the 'need one, order two' method. by doing so I have a decent stash of parts I frequently need.
On the seatpost, I just started making my own solid aluminum ones.

Wheels

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
What are you looking for? I literally have a pile I'm going to throw away.

Also...can't seemed to find reasonably priced B72, B66, or B67 saddles
I hear ya Jason. I have a $50 shipped limit on em. They come around now and again. Never hurts to toss a seller an offer. I recently got one for $50 that was listed at $75.

I find I need the parts I just sold or set free when the next stray follows me home.

Why did I just sell all 3 of my ape hangers again?
Now, where's that chrome 24" wheel set? Oh yeah, out to recycling with the deep fenders, chains and hardware bucket and stack on new duck tail fenders I'll never need.:headbang::41:

Latest posts

Back