RRBBO13 ♠♣♦♥'SIMPATICO'♥♦♣♠

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This shot is great, looks so ‘Italian’...or.....something
54422dccd94ef3e779bec3aac77500b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know man, it's all Greek to me.

It says I have "Insufficient privileges to reply" on your finished thread, so I'll do it here:

AWESOME! Don't know how I managed to miss this one until now, but I think you've scored a vote.

T
WOW!!!
You went from Zero to 1000 in nothing flat!!!!
Glad to see you finish one again. Miss Funk is back in the Build Offs with a vengeance with this beauty!!! Absolutely love it!!!
CONGRATS!
Thanx KF.
Let me tell you I pushed to get it done. But now I know how Fordsnake felt like in his last build off.
My back gave out and I am mentally + physically drained.
But riding it gave me pleasure.

WOW! The whole concept looks great, like a classic old motorcycle without an engine and the little details are really nice!

Does the SA shifter work the rear derailleur? It looks like you have two grip shifts, too, or is one the throttle, but there's no front derailleur, so what's the other one for? I'm definitely missing something!
Yes the 4 speed triangle wissner shifter works on a modified 7speed down to 4 cassette. Just needs some fine tweeking. But shifts.
And the throttle is for the electric.

This shot is great, looks so ‘Italian’...or.....something
54422dccd94ef3e779bec3aac77500b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it does,seems blurred out and gives a vintage feel. I went looking for old backgrounds,but the sun was to high and hot,a lot of pics were useless.But I had to go to work at 8. This shot was taken at 7ish.

2660.png
2663.png
2666.png
2665.png
♥'SIMPATICO'
2665.png
2666.png
2663.png
2660.png

Rat Rod Bikes
Build-0ff #13

My entry.
Frame 24" original chopped
26" x 3.00 tires
Front rim is a recycled rear rim
Back rim 500w electric rear hub
36v lipo battery
Pedals eurostar(Greek pattern)
Front forks original from a Moto Guzzino.(Italy)
Fiberglassing by me
Etching by me
All welding by me
Painting all by me
Seat vintage lepper(Germany)
Vintage ammo pouch(Poland)
Headlights/rear lights modified with 6v-80v led lights.(Cheap china) You have to love em.
Vintage 4 speed wissner shifter with a modified 4 gear from 7 gear cassette.
Disk brakes
Brass cabinet knob as shifter.

Still to come in the near future will be a small rack with wood that mounts onto the rear guard. Hence why the rear has to struts mounted on the outside.
Chainguard(just plain and simple) just covers the chain in the front.
And eventually I might end up mounting a 1500w wheel with 48v or 52v battery.

Go back and I have now added the commentry to pics...

Note to oneself,either get a new keyboard or use the laptop,and update this pc...
This takes me tripple time to upload etc.

Funk, I also tried to comment on the finished build thread but it was shut down. Your build is absolutely gobsmacking! :43::13:

You must have degrees in engineering, both mechanical and electrical, architectural design, and vintage restoration. Seriously!

One question, so our modern electric assist bikes we sell at the shop here in the USA require pedaling and then the battery provides different levels of assist by the rider selecting the level. There is no ' throttle' for running with out pedaling. Your set-up seems different? I think you mentioned a throttle on one of the grips in your description. In a couple of days, when you have regained your strength, I'd like to hear more about this.

Again, awesome build! :41::113:

One question, so our modern electric assist bikes we sell at the shop here in the USA require pedaling and then the battery provides different levels of assist by the rider selecting the level. There is no ' throttle' for running with out pedaling. Your set-up seems different?

Again, awesome build! :41::113:
Nope I am just one of those people who are good with thr hands and mind. If it breaks I like to pull it apart and fix it. Or try.

Okay so if you go to the controller you will find the pedal assist attached to a 3 wire cable,and if you look there should be another 3 wire cable available this is for the throttle.. You can purchase a plain one just twist,or one that has a button ,means you can pedal or throttle. I have both. When I am lazy I just throttle,but most times pedal as 25km is to slow for me.
I am guessing as in most parts of the world,you can only use 250w bikes on the road by law 25km max speed.
A 500w can push out 32 km and a 1500w can push out 55km depends on weight and battery size. If you upgrade to a 48v with high ah You will get more speed.
I also know guys who swap out the controller to gain more,if the hub can take it. It is the controller that controls the speed,but when they do this they drill holes in the hub so it keeps the moto cooler otherwise its a chance it overheats and burns out. Unless they have the $$$$$ to buy a 3000w motor and build a 72v battery. The motors are cheap the battery is a killer.

yep the finished thread is blocked,for now,but .... there are some extreme bikes. Well done to all that finished.

The US is generally around 750W and 33km/h top speed (I'm sure it varies by state), but people build all kinds of crazy powerful things that must cost more than a motorcycle to build.

Thanx Glen.
I will also play with some pics and see what they come out like...
It certainly is a fuzzy and different shot.
Maybe I need to get another one,but with a clearer image.

Thanx Glen.
I will also play with some pics and see what they come out like...
It certainly is a fuzzy and different shot.
Maybe I need to get another one,but with a clearer image.

The fuzziness adds to the feeling of age I reckon... like it was taken on an old box brownie camera or something.

So now that I have had time to relax,I can tell you guys a lil story...
This build was suppose to be easy,I had it all planned out,all thou I thought.
It was not a happy easy build,even to the point of dropping anything I touched or scratching the paint work.
But the one I could kick myself the most and laugh at now,was fitting the rear fender... I had started in the afternoon and pretty much spent hours trying to get it to fit... Nada it was not happening.
So I decided to stop and do other things and come at it fresh the next day.:21:
It took me 3/4 of a day trimming/painting and rebending etc to get it to fit,I still could not understand where the rubbing sound was coming from,as I had trimmed the fender right back...
Then I relized it was the disk brake:headbang:
A whole day on nothing...

Been there funk . I have countless hours in my rear hinged fender on the skylark & I have no disk breaks . Lol I wish we were getting paid by the hour [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back