RRBBO13 Tycoon - Almost finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doggone it, how am I ever going to get this thing stripped down for paint with distractions like this AV Customs RAPTOR showing up?
IMG_20180716_195158_375.jpg
IMG_20180716_195925_430.jpg

And I HAD to try the tank...
IMG_20180716_201139_725.jpg

Are you gonna do another frame swap? :D

Last thing that I did on Saturday before I tore it down to start stripping paint was to change out the bars to a comfy set of klunker style MX bars that I have run on several bikes now.
IMG_20180721_154801_009.jpg

If I keep going back to them, they had might as well be on my "keeper" bike, right?
(EDIT:) Looks as if I need to shorten that front brake cable housing a couple of inches. with the "new" bars, though.

Last edited:
Great look you got going with the wheels on that frame. Nice parts too. Should be a sweet bike.
Yeah, but I'm cutting it down to the wire. I only got the frame halfway stripped on Saturday, and have been working too much overtime recently to get back at it in the evenings. Going to have to finish stripping, prime, paint, letter, stripe and clear it this weekend, and let it cure most of the week before I reassemble and take pics next weekend.
Oh, and of course in the middle of that, I'm judging at the County Fair this weekend and doing the King of Cruisers show before the Santa Barbara Cruiser Run on the 5th.
I need a drink...

Looking forward to reassembly. I have this build stuck in my head as gold, so it's gonna be like seeing a new bike when you're done.

Dat headbadge ain't kosher! :D
You're killing it man. Can't wait for the unveiling.

So, I wanted to do a more detailed summary than the one in my Finished thread.
IMG_20180804_151213_623.jpg

• Frame: 1962 Schwinn Typhoon (double straight bar) modified with recessed rear brake bridge and drilled for internal brake cable routing.
  • Fork: Unknown '80s MTB with Tange Champion legs.
  • Wheels: 27.5" Aluminum mags from 2018 Schwinn Kokomo.
  • Tires: Panaracer Gravelking SK 650-50B
  • Cranks: White Engineering 3NO 165mm w/46T cog
  • Front Brake: Paul Component Moto-Lite Linear Pull
  • Rear Brake: Paul Component Racer Centerpull
  • Seat: Brooks B-67 - Brown
  • Seatpost: Mr Tick layback - chrome plated.
  • Chain: Izumi black w/ gold pins.
  • Freewheel: Origin8 Hornet 108 17T
  • Headset: Schwinn/Tioga Beartrap2 hybrid.
  • Bottom Bracket: Shimano 68/114mm euro cartridge in American BB adapter.
  • Brake Cables: Alligator 8mm gold.
  • Brake Levers: Dia Compe locking, black.
  • Rear Brake Hanger: Dia Compe vintage road bike part.
  • Grips and Frame Grab: Walnut Studiolo, Brown leather.
    IMG_20180804_150323_193.jpg

Last edited:
So much to love about this build man!
You have a knack for blending old and new together in killer ways!
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back