RRBBO13 Sans Seat Post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Did you get that from Anthony Hobbs (flyingmachine bikes)?
I recognize that Tortuga CNC work.

Just for fun, since I have to shorten anyway, I wonder what it would look like if I drilled holes in it and stuck some straight bars thru for the handle bars...

379cac7318ca41bf966f68f294b08a89.jpg

d4beb42c949c25d0cf88cc3e3c045f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it!!!!

Hey Kevin, hope all is well in Mesa! What if you didn't cut holes for straight bars ( I think a curved bar would accentuate your curvy frame better) , but instead, cut notches in the front of the tubes and inset a rounder bar from the front? My paint / graphic skills aren't the best, but here's what I'm thinking.

It would simulate the arc of the fork braces / crowns. Probably be better for steering and more comfortable too.

kevinsbike.jpg

That's how I had my Sporty set up in the early 90's...slide the forks up in the triple trees, white brothers springs and valving....clipons below the top triple tree for racing, above for street.

The Felt Scythe slides individual bars into each fork tube...allowing for adjustable height...

CHOPPER FELT SCYTHE (04).JPG
l_64a41f16129b6343f2634a11c5136229.jpg

Jason

SIX DAYS TO GO!!!!!

countdown.gif

Hey Kevin, hope all is well in Mesa! What if you didn't cut holes for straight bars ( I think a curved bar would accentuate your curvy frame better) , but instead, cut notches in the front of the tubes and inset a rounder bar from the front? My paint / graphic skills aren't the best, but here's what I'm thinking.

It would simulate the arc of the fork braces / crowns. Probably be better for steering and more comfortable too.

View attachment 80275

I was thinking of this too. I certainly won’t have time to powdercoat it, and the tubing is just so thick compared to the frame I don’t really like it...

I want something like this to happen - summer sucks for working on Bikes here in Phoenix. I’ll see if I can finish up.
7849bd0db196b73154bdafcd544ed945.jpg

Latest posts

Back