PhotoBucket viewing permissions restored?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah too late. I quit uploading to photobucket when this ^&*)() started. I've spent too much time trying to find and fix all my broken links to the same images I had to upload to flickr instead. Well, if you follow tech news you know yahoo was broken up, flickr sold to Verizon then resold to smugmug. sigh. Will we go through this again? At least myFamily gave us warning and the option to download. Webshots just closed up without notice.

Also read the fine print. $399.00/year is now $1.99/month for storage plus $2.49/month for linking = $53.76/year. Not really cheap.

really, if photobucket had just declared that all new photos would have to be paid without blacklisting all our existing photos, they probably could have kept up this racket. From a programming view point, that would be very easy as the upload date is stored with every photo.
if photo.uploaddate<extortion.startdate then linking=allowed.
This was just plain extortion. Why wasn't there a class action lawsuit or criminal charges filed?

rick

"It employed 120 people in downtown’s ballpark neighborhood at its height. Welch, its co-founder, returned to Photobucket at one point after it purchased his photo-sharing app company, but he since left the business.

Today Photobucket has 10 full-time employees and is based at a downtown co-working space."

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

"I would like to point out to investors that we've streamlined our business and have found particularly large savings on the payroll side."

Give that man a 7-figure raise!

"I would like to point out to investors that we've streamlined our business and have found particularly large savings on the payroll side."

Give that man a 7-figure raise!
Agreed! $.0000001 annually

Latest posts

Back