Looking for headlight locating and mounting ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been chipping away at this Army bike build for a few years now. What I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for is a way to mount the headlight higher up so I can mount a World War II motorcycle license plate to the front fender. Currently, I think there is not enough room.
Picture shows the current state of the bike. Thanks for any ideas.
Radar_Front.jpg
wwii-british-motorcycle-Crop.jpg

Another option I have is to mount a vintage Monark fork on here but I would still need one of these headlight/ headset mounts if anyone has one.
s-l1600.jpg

Can you insert a crossbar on the truss rods and mount the headlight to it? That would buy you a few inches. Would move with the fork, though. To avoid that, could you make some kind of extension or L-bracket or something from the back (stationary) side of the spring mount to bring the headlight up between the spring and the handlebar? I can't see how much depth you have, so it might have to project forward a bit.

I have mounted my light on a springer fork with home made mounts once. They kind of mimic the shape of the mounts used for triple tree forks, but have smaller diameter. They were quite easy to cut from a steel sheet with a grinder and bend.
Here are the pictures:
b2bd78f010102c91efa50ee2e172bb03.jpg

67a3911078d6b4d84d57a9e4728e1621.jpg

So it is basically just a bracket of this shape:
085f4a000a69eef1d5d8e7a3be07a3ec.jpg

Latest posts

Back