RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Holeshot updates yet. Still waiting on the pizza pan :D

Had a little distraction today. Picked up this Ross Apollo Racer

20180526_152653.jpg

And man was I surprised what a basic cleaning with Simple Green and a brush did. Great ride too. You just gotta love those tires!!!!!

20180526_172649.jpg

20180526_172314.jpg

I even scored a rainbow with this pot of gold :D

20180526_172640.jpg

I definitely would not call this work, but I did play around with my stick on holes a little yesterday while I wait for the pizza pan. I am thinking more along the lines of a hole pattern like this and probably a scallopped direction on the trailing edge of the skirt. I have a few weeks of biz travel coming up, but I'll find time to make some progress on the weekends. I also have a idea in how I might be able to trim out the holes too.

20180526_154348.jpg

I actually keep being drawn to the embossed lines in the drip pan. It's interesting how well they fan to the back starting with the seat stays.

I never really looked at that until now. The pattern did kinda line up a little with the wheel. I could see a fan pattern like that working well with a skirt.

Pizza delivery, but no time to eat it yet.

20180603_121137.jpg

You using the original hole pattern? Liked that one a little better but hard to tell without seeing the second one with the whole bike.

Look forward to the final pizza pan skirt.

You using the original hole pattern? Liked that one a little better but hard to tell without seeing the second one with the whole bike.

Look forward to the final pizza pan skirt.

All of the mock holes that I have are traced from the main frame holes. They are just paper holes covered with black duct tape. This lets me played around with different patterns until I come up with a look that I am happy with. I do some more mockups before cutting the actual pizza pan. The idea currently in my head is closer to the second pattern, but with a more scalloped trailing edge of the skirt.

Latest posts

Back