RRB BO 13 Discussion Thread....feeling lucky?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the rules...I guess if I add a front wheel, seat and braking to my trailer project I could “RIDE” it downhill and be a legal trike. I suppose that would be stretching it though...the rules say be creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rules say 1 bike, how many people would be mad if I submitted a bike built with my son (his bike) and a bike for myself. Keep in mind that all my builds for build offs have been pretty popular, fetching as many as 9 and 10 votes each. 4 can be seen in this photo, one never completed.

98245f3ca3ad2541d63ba2804a6e9f3d.jpg

Rules say 1 bike, how many people would be mad if I submitted a bike built with my son (his bike) and a bike for myself. Keep in mind that all my builds for build offs have been pretty popular, fetching as many as 9 and 10 votes each. 4 can be seen in this photo, one never completed.

98245f3ca3ad2541d63ba2804a6e9f3d.jpg

Can your son do the documentation for “his” bike?

That was my thought.
If he can document his build, and you yours. There's no rule that says you can't help him.

If my wife builds her bike this year, I'm sure I'll be helping her.

Good question, he’s 11 and very smart, this would be a good time to teach him some writing skills. He’s AIG in school (advanced in grade) but I feel like through the 5th grade they are just taught to tow the line, this could stretch him some as he is headed to middle school and give him something to do besides swim team as school gets out. We have enough computers in this house that I could start an account for him and have him logged in on one machine. Maybe this is the answer.

Good question, he’s 11 and very smart, this would be a good time to teach him some writing skills. He’s AIG in school (advanced in grade) but I feel like through the 5th grade they are just taught to tow the line, this could stretch him some as he is headed to middle school and give him something to do besides swim team as school gets out. We have enough computers in this house that I could start an account for him and have him logged in on one machine. Maybe this is the answer.

I think I was in 7th or 8th grade when I started on the site. I think he would be an awesome addition to the build off.

Sounds about perfect...however, you must prepare for the possibility of him beating you...in my house, such a thing would never be forgotten :grin:.

Jason

If he gets 12 votes, he would beat all my previous attempts, and that would be fine by me.

It's going to be cool to see what yootsJR builds with you. I think it's a great idea.

I'm going to be watching this one from the sidelines this year:(. I own an old house that's falling apart faster than I can keep it together. Last summer I did zero maintenance, this summer I need to make up for that. I have a few ideas for bikes i'm jonesin' to build but there's just no way I'll have time. My advice to anyone who asks is don't ever buy an old house. Good luck everyone! See ya in the winter build off hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be watching this one from the sidelines this year:(. I own an old house that's falling apart faster than I can keep it together. Last summer I did zero maintenance, this summer I need to make up for that. I have a few ideas for bikes i'm jonesin' to build but there's just no way I'll have time. My advice to anyone who asks is don't ever buy an old house. Good luck everyone! See ya in the winter build off hopefully.

My house is from 1873, so I understand your challenges. Sorry you aren't joining in the fun though. I was looking forward to your follow up to last years winning build. Hope you find time to continue to the tradition of building the champion trophy for this years winner though. Good luck with the house work.

Having not been involved with a Build Off since #11 in 2016, nor really around the forum too much for that matter, I am looking forward to taking part once again. Traded my GT iDrive mountain bike, which hadn't been ridden in a decade, for a custom-built frame and miscellaneous parts that will be the base for my build.

I talked to my son about the build and though he’d be up for a build, he didn’t seem excited about the build thread. I’m going to start building what I had envisioned for him, and it wouldn’t be fair for me to put my vision on him and hinder his creativity.

That being said I pulled out the frame I’ll be starting with and started taking it apart in anticipation of building. I’d left it outside too long and things got messy.

9359a22992dab967241611c2b71ed9de.jpg

Latest posts

Back